Troy Aikman and Doug Pederson are close, and when Doug Pederson was fired Aikman reached out to his old pal to find out how he was doing. Well Aikman opened up a little about the Pederson firing, and said that Pederson believed that Jalen Hurts gives the Eagles the best chance to win, but the Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie wanted to revitalize the career of Carson Wentz.
Michael Irvin had Aikman on his podcast and Aikman went in on the firing.
“I reached out to Doug Pederson yesterday when I heard the news,” Aikman said. “What I gathered it came down to was a difference of opinion as to how they’re moving forward at the quarterback position, is what I sensed. Jeff Lurie, the owner, has paid a lot of money to Carson Wentz, and they’re on the hook with him, they can’t get out of that contract right away. It’s my belief that Doug Pederson felt that Jalen Hurts is probably the quarterback going forward. And how does that mesh?”
Is the owner doing too much? I would like to know your opinion. I know he is on the hook for quite a lot of money with Wentz, but was it the right decision?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Falcons seem to be closing in on Titans OC Arthur Smith to be their next head coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/arthur… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 mins ago
- ICYMI:Robert Saleh hired by New York Jets as their new head coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/robert… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PnmNDbR3wU
about 11 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:WAC Expansion: Find out which teams are joining the conference! nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/wac-ex… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/h6D9TlNoCt
about 21 mins ago
- Many players declared to return to school and that is going to help out many players who are declaring. The draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago