- Name: Anthony Sams Jr.
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 235
- Position: Defensive End/ LB
- College: Campbellsville University
- Twitter: @Salute_2AAReal1
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
● Cooper’s Hawk
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
● Having the ability to squeeze and maintain my opponent, striking aggressively with my hands, getting off blocks, and making a play.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
● If I ever won the lottery I would give back to my hometown and build a safe and better community where children and teens of all ages can get better help with their education, develop them as an athlete, and pursue the career choices they may desire.
What has been your biggest failure?
● My biggest failure is having thoughts of self-doubt and allowing it to make me think I’m not good enough or ready enough to serve my purpose in life, but why not me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
● My character and ability to take leadership of the team, also the energy I bring to practice as well as game days are considered to be unmatched.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
● Bryce Mumphrey is the hardest working teammate I have seen so far he is dedicated to the game and works hard to get to whatever dreams and goals he has in the near future.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
● My family calls me A.J. short for Anthony Jr., but my teammates call me oldhead or Oldman because I speak words of wisdom and I have an old soul who loves listening to old school music.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
● My degree is in Fitness and Wellness, my dream job is to become a Personal Trainer to help others get back into shape or develop athletes who want to become bigger, stronger, and faster.
What is your coolest life moment?
● My coolest life moment was going to Cincinnati with my siblings
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
● “Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
● Will Smith
Who is your favorite football team?
● San Francisco 49ers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
● Beware the fury of a patient man.
What is your biggest fear?
● Fear of becoming a failure and not completing my goals and expectations
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
● Chandler Jones who plays for the Arizona Cardinals deserves more credit than deserved. I’m surprised that with his defensive stats he has not yet gotten Defensive player of the year.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
● The night before I set out and iron my outfit for the day, I eat breakfast and listen to Gospel music in the morning mainly Kirk Franklin to get me going for the day. Then when I take the field to stretch I listen to a mixture of Top Hits from different rap artists.
Do you have any hobbies?
● I like to listen to music and cook, I grew up in the kitchen my entire life so watching and helping my mom every weekend was comforting.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
● I would compare myself to Myles Garrett, he’s hungry to make a play but is very humble in the process. Also, everyone likes Myles Garrett, I tend to be the same way when it comes to the school I play for now.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
● My Grandmother had the biggest influence on my life. She always believed that whatever I set my mind to I can achieve anything as long as God was the head of my life and had full control of the path taken.
What motivates you to work hard?
● Having my family in my corner and knowing what my true potential is what motivates me the most because not being happy about where I am in life and knowing I can paint a bigger picture than the one drawn is why I push myself so hard to be better than great.