The Buffalo Bills opened this week as 4 point favorites to beat the San Francisco 49ers. The game is not a home game for the 49ers, a matter of fact the game has been moved to Arizona, because the 49ers cannot play in San Francisco with the increased issues of COVID-19.
The line has actually changed quite a bit. The Niners are now -1 on the betting lines, which means there are some pretty heavy bets that the 5-6 San Francisco 49ers beat the 8-3 Buffalo Bills. You maybe asking why the spread changes during the week, so you should check out this article.
It is pretty wild when you look at the circumstances. I know the 49ers defense is really good. Right now, they are only allowing 315.2 yards per game which is sixth in total defense, but the Bills offense is no slouch. They have been averaging 268.1 yards per game passing alone.
Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs have been tearing it up. Diggs is having one of the best years ever in Bills history. He has 80 receptions already for 945 yards and four touchdowns. He is on pace to annihilate Eric Moulds record for 100 receptions, and could pass the record for receiving yards in a single season as well which was set in 98 by Moulds with 1,368 yards.
The Bills are also getting healthy. They are getting Matt Milano back more than likely in this game. A.J. Klein did great stepping in for Milano when he was hurt, and even won defensive player of the week against the Chargers.
The Bills are pretty healthy, but what does Vegas know that we don’t? The 49ers are still without George Kittle and Jimmy Garoppolo. They will be playing Nick Mullens who has been pretty solid. The Bills have 30 sacks this season as a team and blitz a lot. The Niners on the other hand give up a ton of sacks. They have allowed 27 sacks which is 13th worst in the NFL.
The Niners getting both Deebo Samuel back and Richard Sherman is huge. San Francisco could use a boost from the both of them. Samuel is the one that should make the Bills defense nervous. The former South Carolina Gamecock WR came back last week and tore it up going for 11 catches and racking up 133 yards. He was only targeted 13 times.
The Bills have a problem in the third quarter. They cannot stop anyone, and are getting slaughtered by their opponents in the third quarter. The Bills are also 0-4 in their last four Monday Night Games. The Bills need Josh Allen to step up and the defense to stop Deebo and company.
The Bills are the better team for sure, but what does Vegas know that we don’t? That is what makes me nervous.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Falcons seem to be closing in on Titans OC Arthur Smith to be their next head coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/arthur… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 mins ago
- ICYMI:Robert Saleh hired by New York Jets as their new head coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/robert… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PnmNDbR3wU
about 11 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:WAC Expansion: Find out which teams are joining the conference! nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/wac-ex… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/h6D9TlNoCt
about 21 mins ago
- Many players declared to return to school and that is going to help out many players who are declaring. The draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago