Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman was recently arrested according to the Tampa Bay Times, for some pretty disturbing charges.
On Monday Night, Police pulled over the former NFL player who was showing signs of impairment, when asked to perform a field sobriety test.
Hovan had a blood alcohol content level that was .31. That is almost four times the legal BAC limit, but the scary thing is he had a little kid in the backseat with him.
The report said:
“He was arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge and a felony charge of child neglect. The child, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in the passenger seat when deputies stopped Hovan. The child was not injured.”
Chris Hovan was drafted in the 2000 NFL Draft as the 25th pick in the draft to the Minnesota Vikings. He would go to to play for the Buccaneers and Rams. He would also coach in his career. He worked in the Arena Football League, the CFL and was also an assistant coach at USF for some time.
This is disturbing, the kid is doing fine and was not harmed. This could have been bad.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Congrats Chiefs fans! Must be nice. See you next year!
about 9 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/srpgZ4OZxw
about 10 hours ago
- Horrible illegal block in the backfield
about 12 hours ago