On the same day Ty Jordan the star running back from Utah passed away from an accidental gunshot wound, another young football player from Texas also died in the same manner.
Cristopher Guardado, 16, a defensive tackle at Garland High School passed away on Christmas day after suffering a gunshot wound to his back in an accidental shooting that occurred on December 19th.
Officers reportedly responded to a shooting call around 6:44pm on the 19th and found Guardado with a single gunshot wound to his back. The officers believed the shooting was completely accidental.
The sad thing is Guardado’s dream was to one day play in the NFL. Guardado actually played football with Ty Jordan the Utah running back in various leagues growing up. So for both of them to die on Christmas day from an accidental shooting is extremely sad.
The family created a Go Fund Me account for Guardado who they nicknamed Choo. They have already raised 5,604 dollars, and have a goal of reaching 10k dollars.
In honor of Cristopher we at NFL Draft Diamonds, wanted to share a few of Cristopher’s highlights from his Sophomore season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:High School football star Abdullah Mohammad was shot over the weekend and is still in the ICU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:North Dakota State College football player Charles Royston Jr. was shot and killed in Minnesota… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Did You See This:High School football star Abdullah Mohammad was shot over the weekend and is still in the ICU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- NY PA Corporate Cup Soccer Showcase gofundme.com/f/ny-pa-corpor…
about 7 hours ago
- Did You See This:North Dakota State College football player Charles Royston Jr. was shot and killed in Minnesota… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 hours ago