- Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson – This is an easy choice for the Jaguars, you have to take the best quarterback in the draft. The Jaguars need a new coaching staff and they need a new front office. Lawrence will be a great addition to the Jaguars.
- Atlanta Falcons – (TRADE with JETS) – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU – The Falcons have a deal in place that will send Matt Ryan to the Patriots for their first round pick. The Falcons need a quarterback and Wilson has emerged as a top quarterback prospect. Jets land the 4th pick and a 2nd.
- Miami Dolphins (HOU) – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon – The Dolphins landed this pick for Laremy Tunsil, and now they find his replacement by adding the best offensive lineman in the entire draft.
- New York Giants- (Trade with Jets via ATL) – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama – The Giants trade up to get Daniel Jones a weapon. The Giants select the Alabama WR over Ja’Marr Chase. Jets land the 8th pick and a 1st in 2021.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami – The Bengals land the best pass rusher in the entire NFL Draft. The young sack master lands on a team desperately looking for a pass rush.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Ja’marr Chase, WR, LSU – The Philadelphia Eagles land the best wide out in the draft by sitting patiently. Chase falls to the birds at 6.
- Detroit Lions – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State – The Lions are going to replace Matthew Stafford with a former Georgia quarterback. The second best quarterback falls to the Lions. They trade Stafford to Washington.
- New York Jets – (Trade with Giants) – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama – The New York Jets had Mac Jones as their top quarterback the entire time. They trade down land extra picks and land a potential Sam Darnold replacement.
- Carolina Panthers – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State – The Panthers find their Luke Kuechly. The Panthers were bummed out because they too had Mac Jones rated high. The Jets played it perfectly and landed the gunslinger the pick before them.
- Denver Broncos – Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech – The top cornerback falls to the 10th overall pick and the Broncos land a shutdown corner. Adding Farley with Justin Simmons on the backend is pretty nasty.
- Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama – The Cowboys take a cornerback as well. They feel Surtain is the best cover corner and they love the idea of pairing of Trevon Diggs and Surtain together.
- Los Angeles Chargers – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida – The Chargers land the most athletic tight end in recent years. Pitts will help give Justin Herbert a cushion and with Hunter Henry being a free agent, they fill his void with a more athletic player.
- Minnesota Vikings – Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State – Davis can be an elite interior lineman. He has great bloodlines and the Vikings need help at this position badly. This is a home run for the Vikings at this point.
- Atlanta Falcons (Trade with Patriots) – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan – He is coming off a lower-body injury, but he is one of the top rushers in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Falcons were considering him at 6 overall and were able to get him at 14.
- San Francisco 49ers – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama – The 49ers need to add a wide out to help out their team. Deebo cannot do it alone. Adding Waddle is a win/win for Jimmy G and the 49ers, especially when he falls to their laps at 15.
- Las Vegas Raiders – Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State – I know this maybe considered a reach by many, but there is no more meat remaining on Derek Carr’s contract. The Raiders can keep both QB’s and groom Lance, or trade Carr to a team in need of a QB.
- Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina – The Cardinals need a cornerback bad. They have been working players out for their secondary all year. Horn the son of former Saints WR Joe Horn is a big time play maker.
- Indianapolis Colts – Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern – The Colts are able to get a very athletic offensive tackle that can protect their new quarterback. The Colt trade a 3rd and 5th to land Carson Wentz so this is more of protecting your investment.
- Washington Football Team – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech – Washington is able to land a starting offensive tackle from right down the road. This will help them protect Matthew Stafford who they landed via trade from the Lions.
- Chicago Bears – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC – The Bears have a solid team when they can get good quarterback play. They will be looking to add a veteran quarterback but they land some much needed offensive line help.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (Rams) – Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama – The Jaguars hit a freaking home run with their first round selections. To me, Leatherwood is the best offensive lineman in the entire draft. He is a future Pro Bowler.
- Cleveland Browns – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OLB, Notre Dame – The Browns need help at the linebacker position. Adding a solid player like Owusu-Koramoah who can drop in coverage like a safety is huge. He can help take a tight end and a slot out of the game.
- Miami Dolphins – Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson – I am giving the Dolphins an elite playmaker in Etienne because to me their biggest need is a playmaker. They have some solid young running backs, but Etienne can play the slot too. He can be used like a Tyreek Hill.
- Baltimore Ravens – Joseph Ossai, EDGE/LB, Texas – Ossai can get after the quarterback, and even though they added Yannick, Judon is playing on the franchise tag. When the Ravens defense is elite they are hard to stop.
- Tennessee Titans – Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa – Collins is a little light in the pants, but he is such an explosive player. Mike Vrabel falls in love because he can imagine what the Titans would be like with a Pro Bowl linebacker like Collins running around causing opposing offenses problems.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jaelan Phillips, DL, Miami – He will begin to start flying up boards. JPP is only under contract through the 2021 year and Shaq Barrett is playing on the Franchise Tag. Phillips is a young pass rusher with twitchy movements.
- New York Jets (SEA) – Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota – The Jets give Mac Jones a new weapon. Bateman is a solid player with great hands and a well-round target.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan – The Steelers need an offensive tackle because their only good offensive tackle on the roster is Alejandro Villanueva. Mayfield is a gritty player with great size and blocking skills.
- New Orleans Saints – Kyle Trask, QB, Florida – I know that is a lot of quarterbacks in the first round, but Sean Payton is pretty good with quarterbacks. No matter the quarterback in his system they succeed. From Teddy Bridgewater, to Taysom Hill, Trask will be no different.
- Buffalo Bills – Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State – The Buffalo Bills find a shut down cornerback late in the first round. Wade falls to the Bills and starts immediately opposite of Tre’Davious White.
- Green Bay Packers – Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida – The Packers finally admit they were wrong and draft a wide out to help out Rodgers and Adams. Toney is a speed demon who can help in two phases of the game.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Nick Bolton, OLB, Missouri – The Chiefs land a physical run stuffer with the final pick of the NFL Draft. The Chiefs need to help Anthony Hitchens, and they do that by adding Bolton.
2021 NFL Mock Draft | Six quarterbacks taken in the first round | Presented by Draft Diamonds
More in Mock Drafts
1. Detroit Lions: Spencer Rattler QB Oklahoma: QB might not be the biggest problem but Jarred Goff...
After day one, here are a few adjustments to my Mock Draft with yesterday’s...
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
One year ago, on the night of the NFL Draft, my wife Samantha and...
By: Josh Shippen Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson Trevor Lawrence’s draft stock...
Round 1 1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson – The Jacksonville Jaguars...
Round 1 1. Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson 2. Jets- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU...
NFL Draft Diamonds writers Damond Talbot, Jimmy Williams and Craig Forrestal are live making...