The Seattle Seahawks, are once again, the talk of the NFC West. For good reason, despite the division, being so top-heavy with talent, the Hawks, seem like the best of the best. Despite being in the first place, it doesn’t mean they are not lacking in talent. Looking across the depth chart, it is easy to see some truck size holes, that could be problematic in the future. Good thing QB Russell Wilson, has been amazing, to say the least, helping keep the boat afloat, while the front office looks to patch these holes. With that said, I look towards this year’s NFL Draft, and find three players who could help next year, and for years to come.
1) OT/OG Donavaughn Campbell, La Tech
When building a team, you should always build from the ball out. So let’s start, upfront, and protect the franchise. Campbell, is a big man, with light feet, and a nasty streak, coaches look for at the highest level. Capable of playing four out of five spots on the offensive line, Campbell adds a legit versatile, talent to a team in need of studs. He is equally strong in the run and passing game, and has a violent punch, that sets the tone, and worries defensive linemen. Adding Campbell would probably give the Seahawks, a future starter either at left guard, or right tackle. Something the team has been in need of for some time.
2) CB Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
The bias of fans and wanting kids from the big named schools is understood. But I am going to need you to back off of that thought process, and understand that Rochell, is a legit playmaker. Able to play in man, and zone, he has the versatility, that Coach Pete Carroll, loves in his guys. Think a lesser-known Jalen Ramsey. What I like most about this kid, is his tenacity, and want to in the run game. He does not shy away from contact and loves the role of playing the best WR, week-to-week. Adding Rochell would give the hawks, a true CB, with the potential, to be a shut down at the next level. Just put on the tape, and watch the kid play.
3) Josiah Bronson, DT/DE Washington University
Versatility is the theme if you haven’t noticed. Adding Josiah Bronson would give the Hawks, another young pass rusher, that has the ability to move around the defensive front. While he needs some work in his initial step, which is coachable, he plays with violence you like to see. He has a nasty streak as well, and also has a great presence about him. He always seems to be in the right place and doesn’t mind doing the dirty work, while others get the glory. He’s strong at the point of attack and is capable of setting the edge, while also rushing the passer. The hawks are in need of pass rushers like it’s no one business, so adding a player like Bronson would be a great first step.
I would love to hear your thoughts on these three players? What do you think of these guys? Who would you like to see profiled? @JonM_Salter
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ivory-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Friday Night NFL Injury Report for Week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1MejcxfGxA
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Chris Carson Injury Update, Will he return in week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/chris-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago