We are officially halfway through, the 2020 NFL season, and saying things have been rocky, for the Philadelphia Eagles, would be an understatement. While things have gotten seemingly better as the weeks have moved forward, it is easy to see the birds have lacked, on both sides of the ball. On offense, things seem to be coming together, as the team looks to get healthier. But on the defense, they lack true playmakers, in the middle of the field. Everyone knows the Birds, house a fierce defensive line, it is the second layer that lacks. Although Second-year MLB T.J. Edwards and Canadian Alex Singleton, have been bright spots, they are in need of a real star, to set the tone every week. With that being said, I decided to search for three linebackers, that could be that tone-setter, in this year’s Draft.
1) JaCoby Stevens, LSU
At 6’2 235 LBs’, Stevens, looks the part of a true outside backer. The former National champion has the tools to be a legit three-down, player. Capable of playing sideline to sideline, Stevens, has been a mainstay for the last few years, helping them win the big game last season. This year, he has taken over as the leader of the defense, while showing the potential, of a real star. Adding Stevens would be a huge get, for the Eagles defense, one that could help for years.
2) Charles Snowden, Virginia
Snowden is not a normal LB. In fact, the team that picks him up is most likely looking for a defensive playmaker, to move around the defense. Built like Arizona Cardinals, a first-round pick, Isaiah Simmons, Snowden, has the potential to play anywhere from defensive end, to safety. While he isn’t the typical LB, he would be the play maker, the Eagles are in need of. At 6’7 240 LBs, Snowden could potentially take over a game any given Sunday.
3) Isaiah Moore, NC State
Moore, is arguably my favorite defensive prospect, in this year’s draft. Built like your typical LB, at 6’2 245 LBs, Moore can truly be a 3 down backer. Capable of helping in both the run and passing game, Moore, has the tools to be a monster. He is a real thumper, as he sets the tone, as a true thumper. watching the tape, on Moore, he reminds me of former 49ers LB, Patrick Willis. He is by far the LB, I would love to see the Eagles, front office land this coming draft.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryan Neuzil, OL, Appalachian State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Justin Fields is NOT a one read quarterback | Film study of him going through progressions… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noah Johnson, QB, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jerry Jacobs, DB, Arkansas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jerry-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago