- Name: Kai Henry
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 210
- Position: RB
- College: University of South Dakota
- Twitter: @Dc_22K
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• I wouldn’t say it is one “favorite” restaurant for me in Miami but a big go to for me is “Chef Creole.”
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film my vision on every play will stick out and grit to fight for extra yards.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Honestly, first thing I’m doing is figuring out how much I am going to give to my mom for everything she has done for me.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was my senior year in high school. I was being selfish to my team by playing in our last regular season game when everyone, including the coaches, didn’t want me to play. I ended up playing and hurting my ankle for the rest of the season costing us a state title.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my shiftiness and vision. I got so much wiggle for my frame its ridiculous.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• The hardest working teammate on my team would be Mason Lorber, who is the kicker of our team. I love that guy.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Considering my name being three letters, I never really had a nickname. My mom and dad used to call me duke as a kid, but I never took it and ran with it.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in general studies, honestly my dream job is to play in the NFL anything else would be just a job. I would say a teacher of some sort or a coach.
What is your coolest life moment?
• I would say my coolest life moment happened in my senior year of high school. I got selected as the Miami Dolphin’s player of the month and got a chance to meet some players and coaches of the Miami Dolphins. I also got recognized during the game at the middle of the field with cameras on me and stuff it was sick.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Mooskii (Track star) its a love song.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• If I can choose an actor to play me it will be Daniel Ezra, the guy from the All-American Tv show.
Who is your favorite football team?
• I don’t have a favorite football team, but I am a big fan of Teddy Bridgewater since we went to the same high school so wherever he is playing at that’s who I am rooting for.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• WARNING: Goodluck.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interviews
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing my Mom, she is everything to me.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is none other than Teddy Bridgewater. He overcame adversity that would’ve crushed the heart and spirits of some other athletes and still manage to be a manager of every game he steps in and still have the highest completion percentage of every quarterback in the NFL? Put some respect on his name!
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• First we get up for pre-game meal, I am not a morning eater so I would eat a little bit of fruits, then head back to my room. If its a late game ill watch college football until we take the bus. Once I step foot on the bus its go time, my headphones are in and I am zoned out into my own world, imagining what can happen during this game and what am I going to do to help my team get this win and head back home. Once I step foot on the field for warmups, that’s when I just turn into another person, I am just super hyped singing across the field, dancing and just having fun until its go time.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My main hobby consists of playing my PS4, I can play the game for almost a full day just because it is peaceful and can take my mind away from the reality that is going on around me.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• If I was to compare myself to someone in the NFL, it would be Zack Moss. He is tough and shifty and can give you a home run at any time of the game. Considering him being from Miami also that says a lot.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents and family have been the biggest influence on me to keep going because I just feel like I owe them so much from them taking great care of me when I was a kid. Growing up in Miami its so many different things that can turn your head the other way, but my friends and family would always keep my head straight, so I owe them everything.
What motivates you to work hard?
• What motivates me to work hard is to know that my mom is still in the “ghetto” and I am more than ready to get her out of there and my siblings. I am just tired of the struggle life and I want my family to live carefree and go wherever they want to.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dicaprio Bootle, DB, Nebraska nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dicapr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/74LGSUiFjh
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dwayne Johnson Jr, DB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/dwayne…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gunnar Vogel, OT, Northwestern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/gunnar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Here is @DamondTalbot final Mock Draft of the year, Let him have it! twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 32 mins ago
- NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/mock-d… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago