Could you imagine if DeAndre Baker did not have money to fight his case?
The free agent cornerback and 22 year old Baker was arrested back in May for reportedly robbing four men during a party.
Baker was facing 10 years in prison for the charges. Well all four charges were dropped hours after Broward County Sheriff’s Office arrested attorney William Dean on extortion charges.
Dean reportedly solicited cash payouts for three of the four alleged witnesses in exchange for an altered testimony. All four the alleged victims recanted their stories against the former first round pick DeAndre Baker.
Dean, who represents three of Baker’s alleged victims, reportedly tried to extort Baker by having him pay each of his clients more than $266,000.
In exchange, according to sheriff’s investigators, Dean’s clients would either stop cooperating with prosecutors or change their initial sworn statements to police, thereby weakening the case against Baker.
This is a wild story. The NFL may jump in and sanction Baker for his involvement, but remember Quinton Dunbar was also involved in this event and he has played in six games and was not forced to sit out one so far.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Week 13 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cc1LbwQf27
about 35 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Zach Wilson ift.tt/3oq7QTp
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- NFL Heads hand out their Pro Bowl Votes, Josh Allen and Big Ben both snubbed? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/pro-bo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Draft buzz: Catching up with Miami Hurricanes WR Xavier Restrepo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/xavier… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4XXhaZ0Jul
about 1 hour ago