Among the trash fire, the Philadelphia Eagles, the season has been. The emergence of hope has shined a bright light from time to time, in the form of second-year RB, Miles Sanders. He hasn’t been the star most had hoped for, but the potential has been apparent. What has been a real let down, has been his running mates. Boston Scott and Corey Clement, haven’t been great by any stretch. While Scott, has probably done enough to get another shot at it next year, Clement, could be elsewhere. leaving the need to add talent to the bird’s backfield. With that in mind, I decided to search for a few runners, that could help the Eagles offense, this coming NFL Draft
1) Caleb Huntley, Ball State
Huntley is an amazing talent. He is built to run between the tackles but also has the burst, to separate from defenders. With tree trunk legs, that help him keep his balance, great vision to help at the second level, and a nasty edge to him to finish runs. Adding a back like Huntley could give the Eagles, a true number 2 back, that can get the short yards, while also keeping the level of play high. Watching his tape, it is easy to fall for his potential, as he has given defenses fits, seemingly over his whole career. While Buffalo RB Jaret Patterson, gets most of the hype in the MAC, Huntley, could end up being the bigger snag this coming draft.
2) Brian Robinson, Alabama
Notice I haven’t gone after the bigger named prospects. That is for the simple reason, that I doubt the birds Draft a runner before the 4th or 5th round. With that said, Alabama’s Robinson, has all the tools scouts covet at the next level. he is big, strong, and has quick feet to help him escape a defense. He has the strength to lower his shoulder and get the short yards, while also being able to pull away and snatch a big gain. Robinson has sort of played second fiddle to Najee Harris, during his career, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t worth the look. Besides, Miles Sanders played back up to Saquon Barkley, and you could argue he has had a better career to this point.
3) Kobe Lewis, Central Michigan
Another lesser-known prospect, but with huge upside. Lewis, is a lot of what you get from Huntley, in he can battle for yards, and gash a defense all in the same play. Maybe he isn’t the big-name most fans chase, but he has big-play potential. He has good hands to help in the passing game and doesn’t shy away from blocking. Adding a talent like Lewis would give Miles Sanders, a thunder to his lighting. While also giving the team a true one-two punch.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer hired as Carolina Panthers GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/scott-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/QzRa6VHRRK
about 9 mins ago
- New York Jets hire Mike LaFleur as new offensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mike-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kZuVIGUKjT
about 10 mins ago
- 49ers are promoting Mike McDaniel as OC and DeMeco Ryans as DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/49ers-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9x20vXdR1d
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:Broncos pass rusher Von Miller is under a criminal investigation nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uQ416A1wOp
about 30 mins ago
- Honest question twitter.com/damondtalbot/s…
about 1 hour ago