Mission High School lost two of their members this week. One the high school track and field coach and the other was their star football player who led back in 2008.
Lamar Williams, the track and field coach at Mission High School and Demaree Hampton, a former star athlete at the school, were shot and killed in Bayview-Hunters Point this week.
Hampton, 30, was a star athlete while playing football at Mission High School a decade ago. Hampton was the anchor of the Mission Bears football team, a player who led them far into the postseason. Hampton had racked up 35 catches for 780 yards and 11 touchdowns, as well 713 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns
Williams, 38, was hired at Mission High in May 2012. Williams was offensive coordinator for the Mission High Bears in 2015, and the team’s head coach in 2016 and 2017.
No arrest has been made in connection with the case, and no suspect information or other details about the shooting were immediately available either.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department’s tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with “SFPD” at the start of the message.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Top Fantasy Streamers for Week 13 ift.tt/33Asacx
about 27 mins ago
- Fantasy Injury Updates: Josh Jacobs, D.J. Moore, Daniel Jones, and Phillip Lindsay nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/injury… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- 49ers coach says George Kittle could come back soon if they are playing meaningful games nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/george…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Football: Week 13 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VbRfBE11W6
about 1 hour ago
- South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago