Tyrell Sims was just a fifth grader that loved his family and sports. Football was his favorite. He played tackle and his Father Connie Sims was hoping to one day watch his son play in the NFL.
Tyrell had went to the mall earlier in the day because his father told him he could get whatever he wanted for acing a test. After the mall, Tyrell went to his grandmother’s house and was helping her put up her Christmas tree.
It was at that time a black car pulled onto the street and began firing rounds.
Both Tyrell and another young child jumped to take cover, but Tyrell would never get back up.
Tyrell suffered a gunshot wound to the head. This comes weeks after another young 13 year old boy Brayan Zavala was shot and killed in Atlanta.
No one can understand why they would want to shoot Tyrell. He was just a little kid working to one day be an NFL player. His ultimate goal was to play at the next level. His teachers even stated how much Tyrell loved the game of football.
They are still looking for the shooter, and anyone with information about the deadly shooting is asked to contact the East Point Police Department at 404-761-2177.
We at NFL Draft Diamonds, send our condolences at this time. Please watch over the family Lord.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/kylin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/me46YyWnko
about 18 mins ago
- The NCAA Basketball Daily Dunk: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 ift.tt/3mtwy4C
about 29 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jalen Mayfield, OT, University of Michigan nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jalen-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VNXGqQYjH3
about 36 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: What did Texans WR Will Fuller take? Breaking down Doping in Sports nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/will-f… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Chargers RB Austin Ekeler should be a must start week 13 after returning from his injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/austin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago