- Name: Taurean Grady
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 175
- Position: WR
- College: Wayne State College
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• One of the best restaurants in the city of Chicago, IL has to be Harold’s Chicken. I honestly cannot just pick one restaurant because we have so many places but I picked Harold’s because I love chicken and Harold’s is great, the mild sauce on the chicken and fries is something you can’t pass up on.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film you will notice my play making ability and that is vital when playing any position in football when you are trying to make it to the next level. I always give my best effort going 110% on every play putting my team in the best position to win the ball whether its early or late in the ball game.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won, the lotto the first thing I would go do is go invest and buy some buildings. The best thing to me to do is invest because a lot of people win big sums of money and go blow it and they go broke, but me if you go invest in your money you will never run out if you are smart. Then of course I will make sure my peoples are good, so they will not have to worry about anything.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was not doing what I was supposed to do in high school that could have instantly put me in the best position to make it. I felt like if I would have just been on top of my grades in High school everything would’ve been better, but I don’t regret it because I feel like everything happens for a reason and I most definitely learned a lot from that situation.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is getting along with everybody, not selfish and hard working. On and off the field my teammates see me handle everything the right way from the classroom to the field. They always see me doing the right thing and that has most definitely brought me far and that’s a quality I know my teammates would consider that being my best quality, but not my only one it’s plenty that I can name.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I’m on a team where the coaches require everybody at every position to work hard. There are many guys on the team that work hard and is good at what they do and bring great energy all the time. I feel like I set the bar high when it comes to working hard whether it is when we are lifting or when we are running. It’s tough though because you have teammates like Ryan Kennedy, Josh Taylor, The QBs Tavian and Andy who all work their butts off and don’t take days off. We also have a good freshmen class with a bunch of guys who do a great job doing the right things consistently.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Yes, My family gave me the nick name Tank when I was younger, All of my football coaches call me Tank, since the little league days until now. Tank is probably the only thing I’ll go by even though many people laugh sometimes because when you think of a Tank you think of something big but with me it’s the opposite.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I have an AA degree in general studies but my major now is Sports Management and I have a minor in coaching. Soon I will be receiving bachelors Sports Management and If I don’t make it, I want to coach football either on the Collegiate or pro level really the level doesn’t matter. If I don’t make it I want to help other student athletes reach there goals by coaching them and making become better young men.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• If I had a warning label it would say Don’t let my kindness fool you for weakness. That would be it for me it fits me perfect if you really knew me.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not being able to repay my peoples for everything that they have done for me. In other words, Failure I would hate to let my family, myself and the people looking up to me down. That is why I’m always trying to put myself in the best position and stay focus so I can make it.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL to me is Russell Wilson. He never get the recognition he deserves, he comes to play night in and night out one of the best at his position, check the stats check the wins they are both there. Great teammate, great leadership on and off the field but believe soon everybody will wake up and give he the credit he deserves he’s most definitely that guy you would want leading your team into in game.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game day I wake up, thank the lord for letting me make it to another game day, eat, pop my earphones in and just mentally lock in, I also stretch and just try to prepare my mind and body. On game day I just focus on doing one thing and that’s winning, my game ritual is very simple, but it works for me.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Besides football I like to Bowl, Bowling is something I have really got into these last couple of years. Really I do anything that has something to do with sports like basketball I love sports and I also have picked up on gaming, when I’m home that’s what you’ll catch me doing 80% of the time.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• All the situations I have been through in my life it’s tough to just name one person who had the biggest influence on my life because so many people have influenced my life, from family, friends, coaches, teammates, and role models. But my mom and dad are my biggest influences, growing up watching how hard they both work and the way they show so much love to everybody. They have influenced me in ways that may never know, they have taught me to never give up on anything that I want to do in life period. They have taught me to always do the right thing not only when people can see it but even when people are not looking, I can go all day about those to but just know those are the two who has the biggest influence on my life.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Lastly what motivates me to work hard, me just wanting to be a better version of myself every day. Whether it is me becoming 1% better in everything that I’m involved. Also being a statistic is something that motivates me as well I want to be able to show the younger kids that you can do anything if you believe in yourself. I have many things that I want to accomplish in life so I’m going to work hard regardless because without hard work nun of your goals will be reached.