No question the Seattle Seahawks, have been one of the best teams in the NFL. They have spent the first three weeks of the season, handing opponents a nice size plate of L’s. Needless to say it has been the Russell Wilson , show in the Northwest, as their offense has been cooking defenses all season. Despite the great start, the Hawks’ have a glaring hole, the pass rush. Unable to put legit pressure on quarterbacks up until this point, it is safe to say the only real issue is the defensive front. The lack of pass rush could be the difference between an NFC crown, and staying at home on the couch. With that said i decided to look at three traders, GM John Schneider, should attempt, to help the defensive line and help Russel Wilson, cook.
1) DT Fletcher Cox (Philadelphia Eagles)
This one would be a big surprise, as the Eagles, really seem to love Fletcher. But if it was possible, Schneider should get on the phone quick. The possibility is their, seeing as the Eagles have one of the worst cap situations next off-season, and the fact that they seem to be trying to get younger, in a sort of light rebuild. Adding cox would help in every way possible, as a true pass rusher and run stopper, he would immediately become the best defensive linemen on the team, and a real leader to boot. Adding a player of Cox skill could only be a positive for a team in need of any type of pass rush. As far as compensation, that is anyone’s guess, but I could see the Eagles, asking for a one of the Hawks’ young LB’s, along with a young WR and draft pick or two. But who knows?
2) DE Demarcus Lawrence (Dallas Cowboys)
The Dallas Cowboys, have found gold with once pro-bowler, Aldon Smith. The veteran seems to have his head on straight, and seems to be playing for a huge pay day. The Seahawks, got a very close look at the DE, as he was a problem for Russell Wilson, all day (Week 3). So with that said, the Cowboys, who need some cap room next offseason has to move on from one of these giant contracts they have given out. Lawrence , isn’t the pass rusher he was a few years ago, but he can still be a headache for offenses. Maybe a change in environment would get him back to his pro-bowl days. Adding him to a team that lacks a true top rusher, would be a huge boost to the defense, and could help lead these young pass rushers.
3) DE/DT J.J. Watt (Houston Texans)
I’m sorry Texans fans, be nice ok? But Seattle would be genius in pulling off a trade for Watt. He (Like Cox) can play anywhere on the defensive front, would be a huge leader, for a team with so much youth on the front. He would also, be a huge help for All-Pro, LB Bobby Wagner, as he would be freed up to run wild. The addition of Watts, would be huge, for this Seattle team, and would be an immediate impact .
Who are some players you think the Hawks’ should try and trade for ? What are your thoughts on these three players? I would love to hear your thoughts. @JonM_Salter
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Phillip Lindsay injury update, Could he be back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/philli…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders injury update, How long will he be out? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/miles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Joe Mixon Injury Update, How many games will Mixon miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/joe-mi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Tevin Coleman Injury Update, Will he be back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dalvin Cook injury update, How long will the Vikings RB be out?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago