The Indianapolis Colts have Philip Rivers and Jacoby Brissett on their roster and both of them are free agents at the end of the year. The Jets on the other hand are trying to get the first pick by keeping Adam Gase.
We have watched the Jets trade mulitple players and release their star running back in the past few days. Why wouldn’t they trade Sam Darnold right now and allow another team to flourish?
Sam Darnold has been stuck in a crappy spot with the New York Jets. The Colts will need a quarterback next year and they are winning right now and have a shot at winning their division. With that being said, why wouldn’t they give up their first round pick in 2021 for Sam Darnold. Is Darnold better than Justin Fields and Trey Lance?
I would have to say he is. He is a veteran now in the NFL, and he shows off skills every time he has protection. Imagine Darnold getting some O-Line help like Quentin Nelson? The Colts would be nasty.
Chris Ballard is not afraid to trade, he gave up a first last year for DeForest Buckner. If the Colts could land their future quarterback for a first-round pick and get a player like Darnold it would make too much sense. They can draft a quarterback later in the year and let Sam Darnold learn the playbook and sit behind Rivers and Brissett until the end of the year. So he would not be getting thrown to the wolves so to speak.
Darnold has thrown for 6,681 career yards, 39 touchdowns and just 32 interceptions in his career. He has been sacked 75 times though, he needs a new home where they will protect him at all costs. Indy would do that!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Wes Bowers, LB, Georgetown University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/wes-bo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for December 3, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Raiders are working out RB Spencer Ware
about 8 mins ago
- Chargers are working out WR Manasseh Bailey and LS Colin Holba
about 9 mins ago
- Steelers are working out OL Cody Conway, DL Shareef Miller and OL Zach Shackelford
about 10 mins ago