- Name: Ryan Fish
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 200
- Position: FS
- College: Concordia University Ann Arbor
- Twitter: @RyanFish_5
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Tims Coney Island – It is a staple in my city, cheap, and good quality food.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My awareness, my anticipation, my knowledge of defense, my ball tracking skills, and my angles of pursuit to where the ball carrier is.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Finish school, then buy a house. Donate some money to Concordia to improve their weight room!
What has been your biggest failure?
• Being immature in high school I feel like it closed a lot of doors for me. I didn’t pay attention to the little details in football until I got to college.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My leadership, my passion for teamwork and the positivity I bring to the team. As well as being approachable so guys can talk to me about personal issues as well as football issues.
NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Our QB Peter, he is always on top of his stuff and constantly learning and watching films.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• My nickname when I was in little league football was “Nemo” because I joined the team a year late and they went from a 1-7 record to make it to the championship with me.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in Nursing. If I do not make in football my dream job is to become a CRNA. By going back to school in a couple of years. It is very difficult to balance football, nursing, and a job. But I have been disciplined and made sacrifices to be successful.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My Senior year in high school we were in the district championship, the team we played was Romulus. They were on the radio talking smack, disrespecting us, and how they were going to smoke us. We beat them 38-0 and I 2 rushing TDs. 1 receiving TD. And 1 60 yard passing TD on a double pass.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Piano man by Billy Joel.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Zac Efron because he is sweet.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Detroit Lions
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Treat me with respect and I will respect you.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is being unsuccessful in life.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Personal preference: Russell Wilson, he has proved himself as a top 3 NFL quarterback yet a lot of people still question his ability. He is one of the best leaders in the game and is on top of his stuff.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I don’t really have a pregame routine. But, I arrive with headphones in, I put my pants on and then go get my wrists taped. After that, I wet my hair and face then put my shoulder pads on and roll out with the foam roller. Then I pray before we meet as a team.
Do you have any hobbies?
• During school I have little time for leisure. But I like watching sports games on TV, playing videogames, and playing basketball. I also fish.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Kevin Byard, because he is a ball hawk. He does his job, and he prepares as well as he can for every game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother and father, have done a lot to make sure I have a good life and they trust every decision I make. I also always looked up to Barry Sanders as a role model because he was an amazing football player and extremely humble.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I work hard for my family and friends. They push me to be my best self, whether that is negatively or positively. I also know God gave everyone unique abilities and I just want to maximize what I have been given by God, to be the best version of myself.