The NFL is operating horribly right now. They make no sense. They keep changing their rules but their initial rules were already set in stone.
The NFL would allow 8 players to come in for visits, they expanded the practice squads to 16, and then when a player tests positive, they postpone a game. I am sorry, I am not sure that makes sense.
Yesterday, the NFL released new rules. They are as follows:
- Clubs are required to maintain copies of surveillance camera video of their facilities and practice areas for at least 30 days. NFL security will regularly review footage to ensure compliance with protocols, such as wearing masks.
- Teams are required to develop schedules that minimize the time players spend in locker rooms and to consider using locker rooms in shifts to employ better social distancing. Clubs must also assign lockers, so members of the same position group are not concentrated in one area.
- All players and staff must wear masks at all times while in the club facility and on the practice field, unless a mask cannot be worn by players due to interference with athletic activity.
- Groups of more than three tiered individuals (including players) are prohibited from gathering outside of the club facility or team travel.
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports teams now are allowed a maximum of five players per week.
- The only exception is if a team places more than three players on injured reserve in a given week. In that case, they are allowed to work out twice as many players as they placed on IR.
So the NFL keeps making changes, but these players are obviously not following the protocol. If you want to see a perfect example of that, the Raiders players were at a live event with no masks on recently. They were all fined, but players continue to get sick.
If a player is sick the player should go into quarantine, and the team should continue by promoting a practice squad player. This is how it should happen. That is why you made the rule to keep more practice squad players. Don’t postpone a game because as star tests positive. I think they need to change the rules again.