Five weeks of the NFL are here and it is only fair to make a Mock Draft. We figured out the recent Mock Draft using teams records. This will change but right now it is the order, so we are going to use it. Let’s have fun and break down some of top draft prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft. We have broke down several of these prospects already. Check out our Scouting Reports, Draft Breakdowns and Prospect Interviews only on NFL Draft Diamonds.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (TRADE with New York Jets giving up four first round picks including both in 2021) – Jaguars select QB Trevor Lawrence from Clemson. The Jets sat pretty, there is no need to push Sam Darnold out of town. You have the ability to finally build around him. New management plans to do that. Jaguars let Gardner Minshew keep playing, but you have to select Trevor Lawrence. The kid is a super star in the making.
- New York Giants – Gregory Rousseau, DE, University of Miami – The Giants like their young quarterback but Joe Judge will want to get to the QB. Rousseau is the best pass rusher in the entire NFL Draft and he is there waiting for them to select him.
- Atlanta Falcons – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon – You have to protect Matt Ryan. This team has tons of potential but they need to beef up both their defensive and offensive line. Sewell is a future Pro Bowler, this will help them get better from day one.
- New York Jets (from Jaguars) – Jets select WR Ja’Marr Chase from LSU. The Jets land the best wide receiver in the 2021 NFL Draft and they finally give Sam Darnold a target. Time to get Darnold weapons to win.
- Los Angeles Chargers – Kyle Pitts, TE, University of Florida – I know this is really high for Pitts but he maybe the best pass catching tight end since Jimmy Graham in college football. He is unstoppable and gives Justin Herbert another passing target.
- Miami Dolphins (from the Texans) – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State – The Dolphins need to improve at the linebacker position and Parsons is an immediate impact player. He will be a starter for the Phins for years to come.
- Washington Football Team – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State University – Washington falls in love with Fields. They go down that path again. Another Ohio State quarterback but this time it is the front office’s quarterback. They love Fields and he becomes the franchise guy.
- Minnesota Vikings – Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State University – Could you imagine Vikings picking hometown legend Trey Lance? Lance is a top three quarterback in the NFL Draft and with Kirk Cousins struggling this year, it is crazy not to think they wouldn’t consider it here.
- Denver Broncos – Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama – One of the best defenders in the entire NFL Draft and he falls to the Broncos. I think he is a top 5 pick, but will other teams see what I see? The Broncos do here and it works out well for them.
- Detroit Lions – Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech – The athletic cornerback lands on the Detroit Lions. The Lions need some corners to pan out and Farley based off athletics alone seems like a bright pick. I could go wide receiver here but I think the Lions would be crazy not to pass on Farley. Farley and Okudah are going to be trouble for years.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Creed Humphrey, OL, Oklahoma – Let’s be real, the league is simple. Get your quarterback time to throw. If you do that you can win. Humphrey is one of the nastiest blockers in the entire 2021 NFL Draft.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio State – Yep, same concept as the Bengals. Protect your quarterback. Carson Wentz does not need a big time wide receiver. We have seen that already. He does better with Greg Ward, then when he has Alshon Jeffery.
- San Francisco 49ers – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama – The Niners could get a future Hall of Famer here. I think Surtain II is a superstar in the making. The playmaking corner will be a huge asset to the 49ers.
- Miami Dolphins – Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State – You have to build the trenches on defense. The Dolphins have some solid offensive weapons and their play calling has been great. Wilson is a big boy with tons of athletic ability.
- New England Patriots – Brevin Jordan, TE, University of Miami – Patriots could use another offensive weapon and this kid is the man. Jordan has easily shown how dynamic of an athlete he has become. Patriots could use a big time tight end.
- Carolina Panthers – Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State University – The Panthers went small schooler last year with Jeremy Chinn and it paid off. Dillon Radunz is a solid offensive lineman that can play multiple positions on the offensive line. To me it is the Panthers biggest need.
- Indianapolis Colts – Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State – Wade falls to a team that can use a corner right now. I know the Colts fans will say they do not need an upgrade but I feel Wade is too good to pass up. He is a a complete corner.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama – The Buccaneers need to hit on defensive tackle. Vita Vea is a big boy but he has the injury bug. Imagine Barmore and Vea in the middle though. JEEZ
- Dallas Cowboys – Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State – Dak Prescott will be returning but if you can give him a tight end like Pat Freirmuth who many believe is the top complete tight end prospect in the draft, you add a major weapon in the red zone.
- Arizona Cardinals – Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State – The Cardinals have Chandler Jones and could use someone on the opposite side. Oweh is going to test off the charts. I think he makes the most sense here.
- New Orleans Saints – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Ohio State – I am sorry, one of the top wide receivers just keeps dropping on the draft board. The Saints draft best player available here, and it is a great choice for them. Waddle can help the Saints out big time in year one.
- Las Vegas Raiders – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama – The 6010 wide receiver is an elite player who can spread the field. He loves to be pressed, and seems to win big time in press. He is super competitive too.
- Chicago Bears – Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State – Could you imagine Hamsah, Eddie Jackson, Jaylon Johnson and Kyle Fuller? That is one of the best young secondary’s in football. Nasirildeen completes the Bears secondary, and he is huge. He stands at 6040, and is physically gifted.
- New York Jets (from the Jaguars/Rams) – Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama -Yep, protect Sam Darnold and give him targets. That is the goal. Leatherwood is versatile and can play multiple positions, but he and Becton become the starters moving forward.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota – This is just a luxury pick at this point. The Chiefs need to find a Sammy replacement. Bateman is that guy. Bateman is a big play maker and can be a huge asset to an already stacked team.
- Cleveland Browns – Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri – This is one of the biggest risers in the 2021 NFL Draft. Many websites do not have this kid in their top 100 players. They are sleeping because he is a beast. He can play inside, but I think he is athletic to play weakside.
- Baltimore Ravens – Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas – The Ravens need to start upgrading their offensive line and Cosmi is a player that makes a ton of sense. He is a huge kid at 6070 and will be a permanent player for the Ravens for years.
- Buffalo Bills – Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina – Bills linebackers have been banged up all year and it is their biggest need. Surratt, Edmunds and Milano would be a nasty linebacking core. Time to get rid of AJ Klein, yuck.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Kyle Trask, QB, Florida – I do not care if you do not like this pick. Big Ben is not going to play forever. The Steelers need a young back up and Trask is similar to Big Ben. I love this draft pick.
- Green Bay Packers – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech – One of the drafts biggest sleepers. Darrisaw is a man among boys. He is a big kid with a mean streak, the Packers need to protect their franchise QB at all costs.
- New York Jets (from the Seahawks) – Najee Harris, RB, Alabama – The best all around back in the NFL Draft. The Jets land a superstar who I feel will come in and replace Le’Veon Bell with no problem. Another weapon for Sam Darnold.
- Tennessee Titans – Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson – Titans already have Thunder in Derrick Henry. Now go get lightning, and that is what you have. Etienne is so damn fast and can be split wide. He is a free luxury pick at this point. Similar to CJ Spiller.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Splash’s Week 7 Predictions ift.tt/2IYcp7R
about 29 mins ago
- Corrigan’s Gambling Corner: Giants vs. Eagles on TNF ift.tt/2IRx6Cd
about 29 mins ago
- Dez is Back! Can the former Cowboys standout return to form with the Ravens? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dez-br… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:Week 6 NFL Power Rankings; Seahawks remain the team to beat in the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/power-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- 2019 NFL Re-Draft; The Raiders take who in the first round? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2019-n… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OMQP82Oamb
about 34 mins ago