- Jaycee Horn
- Position: Defensive Back
- School: University of South Carolina
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 205
- 2019 Statistics: 40 Total Tackles, 9 Pass Break-Ups, 1 Sack, and 2 Forced Fumbles
- Twitter: @jayceehorn_10
Jaycee Horn is a guy who is an underrated cornerback, but by the end of the 2020 season could be looked at differently with a bright future ahead of him. When watching film on Horn you see he plays the game immensely physical.
He likes to get his hands on opposing receivers, and when he’s manned up with them he will often hook them trying to keep himself close. That is a technique that could either play in his favor or hurt him, in ways such as drawing penalties like Pass interference or defensive holding.
Being that Horn is 6’1 & has notable physical attributes such as his lengthy arms, his size will help him tremendously when going against bigger receivers. That being said, Jaycee likes to use his frame to reroute receivers when playing in that man style of coverage.
He plays disciplined in his technique as he won’t bite on double moves and plays a big part in the defensive scheme. He isn’t fearful of contact and he plays just as aggressively attacking the ball in the air as he does tackling. Another part of his play he does well is shedding blocks at the point of contact. Some problems that I could see Horn running into is he isn’t the fastest player on the field and I’m not sure how he would handle going up against pure speed guys when he’s in an isolated 1 on 1 match up.
When watching Horn, his playing ability is similar to Marlon Humphrey as they both are physical players with similar body types. Jaycee also plays a little bit like James Bradberry IV as they both like to get physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage and have a knack for undercutting routes.
I could see Horn landing with the Jacksonville Jaguars as their passing defense hasn’t been any better than subpar this past season. He would also be very helpful to the New York Jets or Minnesota Vikings as both ranks very low in allowing the pass.
About the Author: Ryan Fernandez was a wide receiver at Becker College. He has a passion for scouting and would love to scout at the professional level. Ryan will be breaking down 2021 NFL Draft Prospects on NFL Draft Diamonds, so make sure you follow him and support him on Twitter @BigDreams_9.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: John Brown Injury Update, Bills WR will miss another week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/john-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Johnson Injury Update, When will he return from concussion protocol?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Ohio State game canceled tomorrow.....
about 1 hour ago