- Name: Eddie Brown
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 255
- Position: Tight End
- College: Prairie View A&M University
- Twitter: @Eddiethedon12
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- There’s a lot but It’s between Lotus seafood and Turkey Leg Hut
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- My missed assignments or missed blocks stand out way more than anything else. I watch myself to see where i can improve instead of watching to see what i did right.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- Well after I pay my tithes, I would save and invest 80% of it and use some of the 20% to buy land and build a house in Houston.
What has been your biggest failure?
- Not being able to prove to my coaches that I was worthy of a starting job during my short time at Prairie View.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- For the ones that know me the best, they say I am a natural leader. A lot of the bigger name guys would actually come to me for advice and guidance at times. And they would also say that I work hard on my craft and take it very seriously. I am dedicated.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- In my opinion it’s Jason Dumas hands down.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- I call myself “The Don” because I’ve always seen myself as a boss. It caught on with a few people because it’s also in all my social media handles lol. But I’ve also been called “downtown Eddie Brown” as well.
NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I am majoring in business management. After football I WILL be an entrepreneur/business mogul. I want to own everything that I do.
What is your coolest life moment?
- I have a few… my brother and I got an opportunity to workout with Hakeem Olajuwon everyday in the Summer of 2014 and he even invited us to have private workouts at his personal gym. And just this summer I got to run routes and catch with Patrick Mahomes the day after he signed his max deal.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Isn’t she lovely by Stevie Wonder
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Spence Moore II. People say we look alike so it’ll be more believable
Who is your favorite football team?
- Houston Texans
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Once I start talking about a topic I’m passionate about, I won’t stop until I feel like you fully grasp what I’m talking about. People say I tend to “preach” when I get passionate.
What is your biggest fear?
- Not being given a fair opportunity to show my full potential
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- In my opinion it’s Cam Newton.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I like to stay calm and loose. Not too excited but not too low. That’s where my focus is the highest. I may listen to a set playlist or I might not listen to anything at all and just interact with my teammates. It depends on how I’m feeling. I don’t force anything. Another thing is I always like to refresh my memory on the playbook no matter how well I think I know it.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Basketball was my first love so I love to hoop. I also cook very well and love trying new things.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Even though he’s not on an NFL roster right now I would compare myself to Antonio Gates. We have a similar background and similar build.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- There are 3. But number one would be my sister Cynthia. She basically raised me and taught me that I can do anything in life if I put my heart and soul into it. Second is my brother Chris. I’ve looked to him for guidance in all things sports related and he instilled consistency and hard work in me. And lastly is my grandma Elaine. She helped me and my brother in so many ways from sports to our spiritual lives.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My family first. We’ve been through so many trails and tribulations that would take too long to list. I just want us to be happy again. But also I want this for myself and my future family. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a superstar athlete. I want to make that kid proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Jarvis Landry Injury Update; Browns star WR suffers a rib fracture… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Got my vote twitter.com/tydunne/status…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Salters 7-Round Mock Draft: Philadelphia Eagles 2.0 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/philad… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HsvuCE7KQb
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago