As the season slowly moves forward, the Philadelphia Eagles, seem to be an anomaly. One week they look like they are taking a step forward, the next week, they take two steps back. One of the biggest issues, is the linebacker position. Over the last few weeks, the Eagles defense, have had issues, at the second level. At this point, starter Nate Gerry, along with a rotation of players, haven’t been able to get it done. While the run defense has been ok, it is the passing defense that has been hurt the most. Despite drafting two rookies this year (Shaun Bradley and Davion Taylor). They can’t seem to get on the field. With that said, I scoured all 32 rosters, and found three linebackers, the Eagles could trade for.
1) Cody Barton (Seattle Seahawks)
Capable of playing all three LB position’s, Barton, has been a great addition to the Hawk defense. Not yet a technical starter, the second year stud, seems to have a nose for the ball. Standing at 6’2 240 LB’s, the former Utah Ute, has the size to play in the middle of the defense, and be the quarterback. Strong against the pass as well, he would be an immediate upgrade, from what the Eagles, seem to roll out weekly.
2) Haason Reddick (Arizona Cardinals)
Reddick, has been a bit of a disappointment, as a former first round pick. An the Cardinals seem to of looked to move on, as they continue to add LB talent, every free agency. That does not mean the kid can’t play. Honestly, he is more of a safety turned LB, like Nate Gerry, but he is twice the athlete. Since being drafted, he has over 200 tackles, and 9.5 sacks, so you could see the potential. Perhaps a change of scenery could be the move needed to get the most out of Reddick. This could lead to a huge jump in production. Another thing is, he has never played behind a defensive line like the Eagles, this could be the difference. This could allow him to run free, and be the weapon he truly is.
3) Cory Littleton (Las Vegas Raiders)
Before you start, I get it, Littleton was the big free-agent get, this off-season. Thing is, you can not forget who the GM (Mike Mayock) and Head coach (John Gruden), is of the Raiders. Both love to make moves, and Gruden especially is known for shaking up the NFL. So never say never, when it comes to the Raiders. This free agent period, Littleton was a name heard daily, in the city of brotherly love. Littleton, still only 26, would be a huge get for GM, Howie Roseman. An addition of his skill set, would help the Eagles defense, by miles, and would give them the second level weapon they have truly needed all season.
Let me hear your thoughts? Who would you like to see the Eagles trade for? What are your thought’s on these three players?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 21, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Breaking: Las Vegas Raiders are expected to workout CB Jermaine Ponder Jr. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/jermai… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Raiders starting offensive lineman Mario Henderson dead at the age of 35 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/mario-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Sad twitter.com/claywplg/statu…
about 38 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Small School Prospect Rankings with over 1000 Players - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2021-n…
about 41 mins ago