- Name: Donnel Lewis JR
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Position: DB (corner, nickel, safety)
- College: Worcester State University
- Twitter: @humblehuncho_
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Pantanel, it’s a Brazilian food spot in Bridgeport,CT.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• That I’m versatile, I can play in the box and be both aggressive towards the run and pass at nickel and or I can play at corner and compete as well.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest in my family and I.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Sometimes not accepting the fact that I’m going to make mistakes. But I’ve learned with making mistakes comes wisdom and strength and that it’s going to happen.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My passion for the game, my IQ, my attitude once I’m in film, the locker room and or the field.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Gus, definitely Gus Ramstrom.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve had a few, the most popular ones are Peanutt which came from my Pop Warner days. Nelly or Nels came around High School and BooBoo is the family name.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Sociology with a concentration in Ethnic Studies. I wish to work with the youth. I would try and aim for kids in middle school because I feel like that’s the most crucial and important time during a kids life. I’d like to help guide them in a positive direction and be somewhat of a mentor of some sort.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Probably would be back in 2007 when I visited my country Cape Verde. My mother’s side of the family is from there so it was definitely cool to experience that side of my culture.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Chris Brown / Excuse me miss
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• John David Washington
Who is your favorite football team?
• New York Giants
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Do not overlook or under estimate
What is your biggest fear?
• Not succeeding, not finishing any task I set my mind to
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Budda Baker
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• It all starts with film before a good night of rest and dinner, nothing too heavy and hydrate! Once I wake up it’s game time! My whole demeanor changes and my mindset is focused on what I have to do. I’d get a good healthy light breakfast in me and just son out while watching film and music playing. I’ll get into the locker room early enough to get dressed, taped, stretch out and get loose before walk through a etc. I’m war ready once my eyes open up on game day.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I don’t really do much outside of cooking, being around close ones and family. I do read and research topics I find to be interesting. I also workout and run as well. But I’m not much of a outdoorsy person.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Desmond King, Budda Baker, Kenny Moore
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother of course. She’s been through a lot and it seems to not matter the battle, she always finds a way and I admire that. That’s a quality I feel like I’ve picked up from her. Our determination and attitude is we can’t and won’t be stopped
What motivates you to work hard?
• My mother, the fact that she’s done everything solely based off of her two children. Also having younger siblings both sisters and brothers, I feel like I set the tone when it comes to certain aspects. Also, when someone tells me I can’t do something or gives an excuse as to why? I make it my mission to accomplish what I already know I can do. I can do whatever I dedicate and focus on. The pain and struggles along with the doubters is what fuels me everyday