The Fantasy Football Friday FLEX is where we name our FLEX Play of the Week. And for Week 6 the FLEX Play of the Week is…
Friday FLEX of the Week: Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Yes, Christian Kirk has been up and down this season. Yes, Christian Kirk is that rare handcuff at WR due to the dominance of DeAndre Hopkins. Yes, I understand the boom or bust potential here but in a matchup against Dallas, I’m willing to bet on the boom. And here’s why:
- Christian Kirk has run more than 80% of his routes from the perimeter this season and Dallas is vulnerable on the perimeter.
- Kirk often lines up at Right WR which means he will draw a lot of coverage from rookie Trevon Diggs. Over his first 5 games in the league, Diggs has allowed 23-of-36 passing for 312 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Kirk has seen 12 targets over the last 2 games and has seen 5 targets in 3 of the last 4 games.
- Christian Kirk’s 31% air-yard share jumps off the page, and he also tied DeAndre Hopkins with a team-high seven Targets last week.
- Kirk sees high-value targets deep downfield with a 16.9-yard average depth of target (8th highest in NFL) and he has weekly boom potential because of this.
The Arizona Cardinals have a fairly favorable schedule for the rest of the season. If Kirk can show he can be trusted in favorable matchups, then you might have found a bye week flier to carry you through. But first Kirk must show he can beat a favorable matchup in Dallas.
Production Prediction: 7 catches for 83 yards and 1 TD, 1 carry for 6 yards and 0 TD