The Buffalo Bills were one of the best defenses in the NFL last year and this year they have looked suspect. There have been a lot of injuries over the past few weeks but the Bills need to do something to add some depth at certain positions. Right now the Bills offense is not the problem.
Up until last night the Bills offense was putting 30 plus points a game. The Bills defense has been decent at stopping the run this year, but they have been getting ate up at in the middle of the field and the nickel corner has been getting picked on quite a bit.
The Bills need to make these three moves right now to help their defense out dramatically.
Bills need to call the Titans and offer them a late round pick for OLB Kamalei Correa. Correa is pissed off that he was inactive last night after recovering from COVID. Correa is only 26 years old and he plays outside linebacker. The Buffalo Bills linebackers outside of Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds have been cruddy. That is being nice when I say that. Correa can help get some pressure on the QB as well. Correa can play a similar role as Lorenzo Alexander did last year and Correa was a former second round pick from Boise State. The 26 year old’s contract is super cheap too. It is a steal of a move for the Bills. He has 8.5 career sacks, and is an upgrade at a major position of need in my opinion.
Bills need to sign DT Damon Harrison off the Seahawks practice squad. The Bills have not done well at the defensive tackle position. Last year, when the Bills defense was gross they had Jordan Phillips and Star Lotulelei in the middle of the field. Both were mountain of men. With Harrison being on the Seahawks practice squad, the Bills can sign him to a cheap deal. The Seahawks would have the right to match, but this would be a way to get a very good defensive tackle immediately. He is also a big boy which will command a double on some plays to let your LB’s run free.
Lastly, Bills need help in their secondary. They need to either poach a player like Prince Amukamara from the Cardinals practice squad, or they need to call around to see if they can make a trade for a player like Desmond King. Desmond King would obviously require a trade, but he can cover a tight end. Right now, nickel corner Taron Johnson has been struggling in coverage. These are three moves the Bills could make that would be relatively cheap and can help them win right away.
The defense needs help and until we get a pass rush up front, the secondary is going to keep getting burned.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Football: Week 7 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RTgLpLfaqD
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL’s Big Bucks Players In 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-19/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Ly5GYcNzBb
about 47 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Football: Receiving Targets Leaders After 6 Weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/target… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/kentav… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:Week 6 QB Index: Texans QB Deshaun Watson takes a huge leap nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/qb-ind… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago