EVERYONE GOT HURT WEEK 2!!!!!!!
IGNITE PANIC MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the words of Aaron Rodgers, I have 5 letters for everyone: R-E-L-A-X. It will all be okay.
Let us take a look at some of the players you should be targeting on the Week 3 Waiver Wire. There is still plenty of talent left for you to scoop up.
- Jerick McKinnon/ RB/ San Francisco 49ers: If you’ve been paying attention we told you back in Week 1 with our Fantasy Football Injury Report that McKinnon was our super sneaky pick. McKinnon has scored both weeks this season and is set to see a major uptick in work with both Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman out. His signature speed is still there as shown on his 55-yard scamper to get a 1st Down on a 3rd-and-31 scenario. Next 3: @ Giants, Eagles and Dolphins
- Jeff Wilson Jr/ RB/ San Francisco 49ers: If you can’t get McKinnon, then Wilson is a solid add. Wilson handled early-down work once both Coleman and Mostert went out. Wilson totaled 5 TDs on 30 touches last season. The guy is a TD machine and will get all goal-line work until some of the 49ers’ backs get healthy. Next 3: @ Giants, Eagles and Dolphins
- Russell Gage/ WR/ Atlanta Falcons: Mentioned in the Week 2 Waiver Wire article as a blossoming option in the Falcons passing attack, Gage finds himself on the list once again. He added another 9 Targets and a TD in Week 2 and got to show off his arm on a trick play from the Wildcat formation where Julio Jones dropped an uncharacteristic ball that would have been a TD. The Falcons can’t run and have a bad defense they will throw a lot. Next 3: Bears, @ Packers and Panthers
- Darrell Henderson/ RB/ LA Rams: He got dropped by a lot of impatient fantasy players after Week 1 and then bounced back with a stellar Week 2 performance. Henderson took 14 touches while Malcolm Brown handled 11. Henderson totaled 121 total yards and Brown accumulated 47 total yards. With Cam Akers status unknown because of a rib injury and the Rams run-heavy gameplan having a piece of this run game is better than not having it. He gets a tough matchup in Buffalo Week 3 but Buffalo looked beatable against Miami. Next 3: @ Bills, Giants and @ Washington Football Team.
- Keelan Cole/ WR/ Jacksonville Jaguars: Cole has 12 targets in 2 games for what looks like a competent Jaguars offense. With Gardner Minshew playing strong, Cole must be brought up. Minshew is spreading the ball around but Cole is becoming his favorite target much to the chagrin of DJ Chark owners. Next 3: Dolphins, @ Bengals and Texans
- Joshua Kelly/ RB/ LA Chargers: Kelly was mentioned in last week’s article. Kelly shouldered 23 carries last week against Kansas City but only averaged 2.8 YPC. Through 2 games Kelly has 35 carries and if he can hold off Justin Jackson when he returns from injury, then Kelly will end up being a steal as he will get early-down and goal-line work. Next 3: Panthers, @ Buccaneers and @ Saints.
- Myles Gaskin/ RB/ Miami Dolphins: Gaskin was featured last week and now after 2 weeks of 13 touches we have found the lead man in Miami. Gaskin gets touches through the air and on the ground so he is valuable in all formats. While Jordan Howard is getting the goal-line work now I don’t think it will last much longer. Gaskin has a green light to RB1 type of work even though it is Miami that volume is hard to ignore. Next 3: @ Jaguars, Seahwaks and 49ers.
Make Sure They’re Not Available:
- Jonnu Smith/ TE/ Tennessee Titans
- Robby Anderson/ WR/ Carolina Panthers
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling/ WR/ Green Bay Packers
- James Robinson/ RB/ Jacksonville Jaguars
- N’Keal Harry/ WR/ New England Patriots
- Mike Gesicki/ TE/ Miami Dolphins
Potential Waiver Wire Traps:
- Michael Pittman Jr/ WR/ Indianapolis Colts
- Wayne Gallman/ RB/ NY Giants
- Dion Lewis/ RB/ NY Giants
- Mike Davis/ RB/ Carolina Panthers
Week 3 QB Streams:
- Gardner Minshew/ Jacksonville Jaguars
- Ryan Fitzpatrick/ Miami Dolphins
- Ryan Tannehill/ Tennessee Titans
- Justin Herbert/ LA Chargers
It Might Be Early But…
- Adam Humphries/ WR/ Tennessee Titans
- Chase Claypool/ WR/ Pittsburgh Steelers
- Nick Mullens/ QB/ San Francisco 49ers
- Drew Sample/ TE/ Cincinnati Bengals
- Darnell Mooney/ WR/ Chicago Bears
- Joe Burrow/ QB/ Cincinnati Bengals