Top WAIVER WIRE ADDS in Fantasy Week 2
It is Week 2 but the waiver wire is hot! Maybe you drafted Gardner Minshew in the first round as part of the Bud Light Challenge; free beer by drafting Minshew with your first selection. Can you really beat that? And as a result, you started Boston Scott and James Robinson at RB. Well, Robinson wasn’t a terrible play but yikes with Boston Scott. So moving towards Week 2 who are the players that should be on your radar? Let us help your fantasy team!
- Nyheim Hines/ RB/ Indianapolis Colts: 15 total touches, 8 of which were receptions, and he added 2 TDs. Now, consider Marlon Mack is out for the year with a torn Achilles and we have the makings of a very high-upside RB play in PPR leagues. Yesterday, Colts RBs accounted for 44% of Philip Rivers targets. Hines will get goalline work as well it seems. I am serious when I say he could return RB2 results in PPR formats. Next 3: Vikings, Jets, and @ Bears.
- Benny Snell/ RB/ Pittsburgh Steelers: Snell made it a point to get in better shape this offseason, so he could handle the rigors of being a bell-cow back in the NFL. Well, in Week 1 Snell received 19 carries for 113 yards as James Conner left with an ankle injury. Mike Tomlin said Conner was being evaluated so when he will return is undecided/undetermined. Snell looked good and he is an automatic RB2 if Conner misses time. Monitor this one closely because Snell looks like he is up to something here. Next 3: Broncos, Texans, and @ Titans.
- Joshua Kelly/ RB/ LA Chargers: The question was who the RB2 would be for the Chargers and we found out after some early attempts from Justin Jackson, Joshua Kelly was the answer to the question. The rookie from UCLA handled double-digit carries for 60 yards and 1 TD. If Kelly receives double-digit carries and continues to be subbed in for goalline work, then we have somebody that carries standalone value. Next 3: Chiefs, Panthers, and @ Buccaneers
- Jerick McKinnon/ RB/ San Francisco 49ers: The rumors were McKinnon looked good in camp and if healthy he could contribute. Well, McKinnon had 6 touches (3 carries and 3 catches) with a TD. It isn’t eye-popping but considering this was his first game action in 2 seasons it is a remarkable start. The 49ers have an unquestioned workhorse in Raheem Mostert but McKinnon could carve out a niche. He is a consideration in deeper leagues with matchup based value. Next 3: @ Jets, @ Giants, and Eagles.
- Myles Gaskin/ RB/ Miami Dolphins: Jordan Howard got the TD, Matt Breida seems like an afterthought for the Dolphins, and Myles Gaskin was the best back. Gaskin turned 13 touches (4 catches) into 66 yards. If you are RB desperate he might someone to keep an eye on because Howard did exit briefly against New England with a hamstring injury. Next 3: Bills, @ Jaguars, and Seahawks.
- Russell Gage/ WR/ Atlanta Falcons: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, and Russell Gage all logged 12 targets and each responded by posting 100+ yards. Matt Ryan seems to have found a new weapon for the fantasy world to flock to in Gage. Atlanta threw the ball 54 times yesterday and that should continue as their defense is not good. The matchup with Dallas could be a fastbreak in shoulder pads, so get ready for another possible fantasy-relevant showing. Next 3: @ Cowboys, Bears, and @ Packers.
- Parris Campbell/ WR/ Indianapolis Colts: Campbell shared the team-high in targets with 9 against Jacksonville in Week 1. After a rough rookie season due to multiple injuries, it was nice to see Campbell involved. Campbell finished with 6 catches for 71 yards. There is no reason to think this can’t be his neighborhood every week in the fantasy world. I would consider Campbell to be one of the safer WR3/4 options you could roster because I think he offers a high floor. Next 3: Vikings, Jets, and @ Bears
- Jonnu Smith/ TE/ Tennessee Titans: Smith is a popular breakout candidate this season and I have been on that train. Smith caught 4 balls for 36 yards and 1 TD. Smith finished with 7 targets which came in just shy of the team lead, as Corey Davis and AJ Brown both had 8 targets. Next 3: Jaguars, @ Vikings, and Steelers
- Make sure they’re not available: James Robinson (RB, Jacksonville Jaguars), Chase Edmonds (RB, Arizona Cardinals), Malcolm Brown (RB, LA Rams), Robby Anderson (WR, Carolina Panthers), Anthony Miller (WR, Chicago Bears), Dallas Goedert (TE, Philadelphia Eagles)
- QB Considerations:
- Gardner Minshew/ Jacksonville Jaguars/ Next 3: @ Titans, Dolphins and @ Bengals
- Teddy Bridgewater/ Carolina Panthers/ Next 3: @ Buccaneers, @ Chargers and Cardinals
- Mitch Trubisky/ Chicago Bears/ Next 3: Giants, @ Falcons and Colts
- It Might Be Early But:
- Logan Thomas/ TE/ Washington Football Team
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling/ WR/ Green Bay Packers
- Scotty Miller/ WR/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Laviska Shenault/ WR/ Jacksonville Jaguars