• Name: Shawn Springs Jr.
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 185
• Position: DB
• College: Assumption University
• Twitter: @springs_era
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• WR tendencies along with strengths and weaknesses.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Make sure my Mom never has to work again.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Making it to the elite 8 my first year as a starter and losing. Our Qb threw the game winning touchdown with a couple seconds left but the call was reversed due to a flag on the play.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My loyalty
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• It’s hard to single out one person when I see all my guys as hard workers.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• When I was younger people call would call me June-bug. Now they just call me Springs.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in Organizational Communications with a minor in Sport Management. My dream job is to one day represent a successful company through Public Relations for them as well.
What is your coolest life moment?
• When me and my dad stood on the sideline with Boomer Esiason at a high school all-star football game in Long Island.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Future- Last Name
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Jim Carey, even though we don’t look alike. I just know that’ll be a good laugh.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Fly Eagles Fly
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “Resting serious face”
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing the ones I love the most
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Nick Foles
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Me and my roommates would blast music to wake each other up, then all head to the dining hall for team breakfast. Once we left our apartments for the morning there was no more smiling and no more joking around. Showtime.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to draw, I sing a lot and rap
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Patrick Peterson.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother has been the biggest influence in my life. She’s overcame so many obstacles that at some time may have seemed impossible and that’s why I admire her the most.
What motivates you to work hard?
•My family including my brothers at Assumption. I didn’t make it here by myself so I owe it to those who helped me along the way.