Vegas Insider recently released their Defensive Rookie of the Year Award odds and Chase Young is the front runner to win the award. The odds have Young as the lead at +200, but we do not feel he will end up winning the award. Here are my top three players that I feel will have the best shot at winning the award.
1.) Javon Kinlaw, DT, San Francisco 49ers – I do not know about you, but this is one bad man. He is huge and I think he is going to be a tough player to block. If you look at his division, the Rams offensive line is suspect, the Seahawks are suspect too, while the Cardinals are decent. I think Kinlaw is going to finish the season with 10 sacks as a rookie. That is super impressive and I would not be shocked if he is definitely in the running for the award. His odds right now are +2500.
2.) Patrick Queen, LB, Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens linebackers always seem to rack up tackles, and I think Queen can have a powerful rookie year like that of Darius Leonard in his first year. Tackles are what you want from a linebacker and I think Queen will finish over 120 tackles this season. Queen has a +900 odds at this point.
3.) Jeremy Chinn, S, Carolina Panthers – I think the Panthers struck gold with Chinn. He is a bad mamma jamma and he is not afraid to coming up and sticking you. I think he will lead the rookies with 6 interceptions this year. Chinn will not win the award because he is a defensive back but I think his +5000 odds are disrespectful.
Who Will Win?
I think the winner of the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award will go to Patrick Queen in 2020, but I believe 10 sacks at defensive tackle is far more impressive than 120 tackles. Kinlaw is robbed but he is on the way to become a future Pro Bowler. Patrick Queen is the winner of the Award, but I still feel Kinlaw is the winner with 10 sacks especially when you are over 300 pounds.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Syracuse freshman defensive back Cornelius Nunn was arrested on gun charges in Miami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OPnfXn99vv
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Did Atlanta Falcons do Raheem Morris dirty? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PZLt8KvEZe
about 55 mins ago
- Did You See This:Urban Meyer officially hired by Jacksonville Jaguars as Head Coach nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/urban-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago