The Carolina Panthers are banged up right now and their best player Christian McCaffrey was recently placed on injured reserve. The Panthers are a new team with a new coaching staff, and they are trying to do everything possible to win. They are also doing it with Teddy Bridgewater who recently signed a three year deal to be the starting quarterback for the Panthers.
Right now the Panthers are 0-2 but they are sitting in a good spot to pick a quarterback early next year. Think about it. You have Teddy under contract, and you draft a player to come in and play behind him for one year. At that point if you are not happy you can let Teddy go.
If you look at Tyrod Taylor and the Chargers it would be a similar situation, but obviously Tyrod is not making as much as Teddy, but you get my point.
So with that being said, why not go after a quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft?
I mean If you look at the 10 teams that have not won a game yet, many of them will not be drafting a quarterback early. I could see the Broncos, Panthers, Vikings, Falcons and Lions draft a QB if they could get their hands on Trevor Lawrence. I mean I think Lawrence is generational type quarterback.
But if Carolina does not get the first pick, could they still go QB early? I think they should. I mean, if Trevor Lawrence is there, how can you justify taking any other player? Trevor Lawrence going home to play in Carolina? That would be insane, and the fan base would grow overnight.
But what if Carolina ends up with the second or third pick? Could they go Trey Lance, or maybe even Justin Fields?
I think all three of those quarterbacks Lance, Lawrence and Fields would look great in Carolina. They would not be forced to come in day one and start. Much like Tua and Herbert they could sit and learn from Bridgewater. Matt Rhule needs his franchise quarterback. He will need to find what guy he wants to lead the pack, but every new coach needs to have their own hand picked quarterback. I think Rhule with the great offensive mind he has would love to have any one of the three gunslingers in the 2021 NFL Draft.
If the Panthers can get their hands on Trevor Lawrence, I think they will be contenders in several years. That is the Gods honest truth.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 mins ago
- Last Chance:The Journey: From Europe to Texas Daniel Docal Filippidoy hopes to catch the eyes of NFL teams… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Dezmin Reed, Linebacker nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dezmin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nuVAo0QWjU
about 11 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:3 Narratives around the NFL that need to end IMMEDIATELY nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-22/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ebVw3koh4r
about 31 mins ago