Mark Thompson is a 6010, 235 pound running back that will head to Carolina this week for a workout with the Panthers.
Thompson came into the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Florida in 2018. He played in only 14 games in two seasons for the Gators, rushing for 596 yards and five touchdowns on 126 carries, in addition to catching 16 passes for 184 yards and one score.
Thompson’s biggest moment came against Iowa when he hauled in an 85-yard touchdown pass making it the second-longest in school history. Prior to the Gators, Thompson played two years at Dodge City Community College in Kansas, Thompson rushed for 1,758 yards and 26 touchdowns on 352 carries, and was named second team NJCAA All-American as a sophomore.
Thompson spent his rookie season on the Ravens’ practice squad and was with the Detroit Lions’ practice squad last season before signing with the Raiders. He also had a stint with the New York Jets.
With Christian McCaffrey out, this could be a great move. Thompson would be a great addition to the Panthers practice squad. Right now the team has Mike Davis, and Trenton Cannon on their active roster, with Reggie Bonnafon on their practice squad.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:JUCO football player Dee’Arius Reese shot and killed after being shot for a second time in a month… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Two players the Eagles front office should keep an eye on this weekend nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/eagles… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/u04duFTGue
about 1 hour ago
- Oh snap Busta back twitter.com/bustarhymes/st…
about 2 hours ago
- I’m just going twitter.com/spideylean/sta…
about 2 hours ago
- Corrigan’s Gambling Corner: Exclusively Big Ten Picks ift.tt/37GiLmy
about 3 hours ago