Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Eric’s journey on Twitter @DukesWRschool
1. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
My biggest challenge in life was laying my mother to rest not getting any justice for her death.
2. If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
If my life was a TV show it would be called Life of a Dukes because of the hurdles I’ve overcame in life is literally a movie.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Beast mode no one can guard me or stop me from running my routes or catching a ball!
4. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Catching a ball off a hitch route breaking three tackles to score a touchdown to get my team into the playoffs.
5. What is your favorite stadium that you have played in?
Hard Rock stadium
6. What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
I hope to change lives in my community by giving back implementing programs for the youth to keep them out of the streets and into education, sports, and trades to help develop them into there careers.
7. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
The energy I bring to the field is excitement and grit because I love this game!
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Playing backyard football with my friends as a child and watching nfl games on Sunday.
9. What is your favorite workout?
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team would get a hard worker, a leader, a team player, and a coach. I love to push and motivate my teammates or anyone that’s around me.
11. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Chad Johnson, Victor Cruz, Jarvis Landry, Stefon Diggs. Those guys I feel really love the game of football and out there all into everything they do. They are family oriented as I am but has personality. I feel we all could relate in some way.
12. Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
On a scale from 1-5 of importance I would have to say
- Route Running-4
Eyes is number one because you have to have vision to focus and see the ball into the catch. Hands is number two, having strong hands is important on those contestant 50/50 balls and catching in traffic. Feet is number three because slow feet don’t eat. Route Running is number 4 because it’s all about timing and knowing soft spots in a defense and beating the defender to the spot. Toughness is number 5 because when a big hit is made on you many fold or are afraid to be hit.