Football is about to happen and one unhappy player could have a new home very soon. Yannick Ngakoue the Jaguars young and dominate pass rusher could be on his way out. According to Mike Lombardi, the Jaguars have an offer on the table and are likely to pounce on the deal.
There are some major benefits for signing a young and elite pass rusher especially if a contender is the team that lands Ngakoue. Many are predicting that the Jets could be a team, but I would not be surprised if it is a team like the Patriots, Ravens, Eagles or even Seahawks. This could drastically impact Super Bowl odds, for some teams. Here are some free NFL betting predictions for the 2020 NFL season.
Teams like the Chiefs, Ravens and 49ers all have solid odds to win it all, but many of them do not have the capital to add a player like Yannick. When I look at the salary cap situation though one team that jumps off the paper at me is the New England Patriots.
The Patriots had 8 players opt out and currently have 35 million in cap space. The Patriots can easily add a pass rusher like Ngakoue and front load his contract. This would allow the Patriots to continually add talent in the coming years, while building around Ngakoue.
The one thing we learned over the years is you cannot count out Bill Belichick. They recently added Cam Newton to replace Tom Brady, and they have a solid team overall. If they added a pass rusher like Ngakoue it could push them over the top.
Remember, Ngakoue never signed his non-exclusive franchise tag tender with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Yannick Ngakoue wants out of Jacksonville, and he reportedly explained that to Tony Khan last year at the Chargers game, but the Jaguars went ahead and slapped him with a Franchise Tag this off-season. Ngakoue recently went bananas on Twitter, calling out Tony Khan, telling him to stop hiding.
Ngakoue wants to be paid as a top tier defensive end, and I cannot blame him. He may want to be careful though. The team with the most cap space is the Cleveland Browns. They reportedly had an interest in Jadeveon Clowney earlier in the year.
NFL Network reported that Ngakoue recently fired his agent. He recently hired Chafie Fields of Wasserman Sports. If a team like the Patriots can add Yannick they could be striking gold, in my opinion.
Ngakoue, was drafted in the third round in 2016 by the Jags and had eight sacks and four forced fumbles in 15 games last season and has 38.5 sacks in his career, which places him second on the franchise’s all-time list. He is just 25 years old and has a knack for getting after the quarterback.
If Ngakoue could land on a team like the Eagles, Seahawks, Patriots, or even the Bills, that could change the overall outlook of the Super Bowl odds.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jimmy Strickland, Long Snapper nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jimmy-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Did You See This:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago