The Jacksonville Jaguars have finally released running back Leonard Fournette, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
This release happened one day after Yannick Ngakoue was traded to the Minnesota Vikings. This is crazy when you look at it because just a few years ago this team was dominate. Now the Jaguars are in a complete rebuild.
Fournette is still young, he is a former first round pick and there are several teams that would be crazy not to consider adding him to their roster. Let’s look at a few teams that we feel should be on the phone with Fournette’s agent.
1.) Kansas City Chiefs – Chiefs lost Damien Williams to opting out and they also lost Shady McCoy who landed on the Bucs in free agency. The Chiefs did draft Clyde Edwards-Helaire, but why not add another player like Leonard Fournette to help with the development of CEH? I mean they are both LSU guys, they both would love to play for the defending Super Bowl Champs and they would both help the team win. Just my thought!
2. Washington Football Team – Washington has Adrian Peterson and Bryce Love. Bryce Love has not even been getting first team reps though. What does that mean? That means they are not sold on him. Especially with an aging Peterson, this move makes tons of sense. Fournette is a big and bruising back like AP and he is younger. I think this move would be a bright one of Ron Rivera and company.
3. Los Angeles Rams – The Rams need a running back. I know they have some young guys but you need someone who can help Jared Goff off. Leonard Fournette could join Dante Fowler and Jalen Ramsey on the west coast. Both former Jaguars have played well for the Rams, and I think Fournette could be a good stop gap back until one of the younger guys fully develop.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – The Eagles currently running back room is Miles Sanders, Boston Scott and Corey Clement. I am sorry but Leonard Fournette is a big back that can help on short yardage situations. I think he would be a huge asset to the team right now. Nothing like a little Thunder and Lightning with Sanders and Fournette.
5. Los Angeles Chargers – The Chargers have Austin Ekeler and and Justin Jackson but if they can add Fournette to their backfield it would help with their new signal caller. Having a player that can pick up blitzes and pick up short yardage on third down would be key. Anthony Lynn likes to run the rock, so this move makes sense.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Hey @gmfb get at me I’m serious I know @MarquetteKing would love to come on! @KyleBrandt @nateburleson @PSchrags… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Hey @KyleBrandt we need to get my boy @MarquetteKing on @gmfb We can make it happen! Let’s Do this! We need to fin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/seth-w… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/JIbYfhl6ln
about 38 mins ago
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey will not play today, he was placed on the COVID-19 list nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/maurki… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for December 2, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago