Name: Lamarques Thomas
Position: Strong/Free Saftey, Corner, Nickel
College: Louisville Graduate/Transfer, Delta State
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Boston’s Fish Supreme
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• High Motor, Very Athletic , Aggressive, Hard hitter ! Good football IQ
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Put it in the bank
What has been your biggest failure?
• I would have to say it is when I got in trouble and nearly messed up my career for a bad decision. But I learned from the situation and turn one bad decision into a lot of positive ones!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Positive energy, motivating , resilient, Finisher , Leader ,Confident.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Marvin Terry
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Haha Yes BbyD. My little league coach gave me that name as a kid. Everybody called my Mom Ms. Dee so I guess it was pretty clever.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I have a Bachelor of Arts in communications. I would love to be a college/NFL recruiter or scout and or a coach at either level but staying around and as close I can to the game is a dream job of mine.
What is your coolest life moment?
• I have had a fair share of cool moments throughout my life but I think honestly for me, becoming a first-generation college graduate and actually walking across the stage was a highlight of it all. The feeling of that accomplishment is like no other.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Remember the music -Jenifer Hudson, All of me-John Legend
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Idris Elba
Who is your favorite football team?
• Baltimore Ravens
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning: I don’t like labels .
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear truly is failing at life.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Teddy 2 Gloves (Teddy Bridgewater)
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• That day is full of excitement, I usually prepare myself with a good meal. There would be meetings to refresh the game plan. During downtime, I’m usually zoned in on what opponent we have up! After that, the rest is history next thing you know pregame warmup is upon you! Yeah, it’s nothing like GameDay ! Especially in the Ville! Can’t wait to experience it at Delta State!
Do you have any hobbies?
• I love the outdoors. I go fishing a lot. I haven’t really got to do it as much but I’ve recently become interested in mud riding on four-wheelers. I’m a slight gamer but I really have to be in the mood.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Jonathan Abram! He is Mississippi born and raised as well but he is definitely a dog at the Saftey position with a lot of confidence, especially coming in as a rookie for the Raiders. He’s speedy, loves to run alleys, and a big-time hitter. I see all of those qualities in myself.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I know for sure my mom has been one of the biggest influences in my life. I watched her raise me up when she was still only a child herself she is very strong and honestly taught me how to manage and deal with adversity before the game of football.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I’m big on family. A major part of my success has been the support I’ve always received from them. Becoming the best person I can but not only helps them out but it helps when I have a family of my own. That is “my why” and reason I push through even when things get tough.