- Name: Juwan Johnson
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180
- Position: WR
- College: Grand Valley State University
- Twitter: @_JuwanJohnson
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Best Restaurant in my hometown is currently being built now. Raising Canes.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My ability to control my body while tracking the ball. Even players in the league now struggle with difficult catches and I feel like that’s what I’m best at.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Take care of my family, without them I wouldn’t be where I am today.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure is not pushing myself off the field as hard I know I can
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The inability to lose.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I’ve only been blessed to be with Grand Valley State football for a few months, but all honestly the whole team players and coaches included are workhorses. This program knows nothing but how to grind and work and that’s what I love most about being here.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• My teammates have called me unc, pops, and even grandpa because of my age. Not a lot of people have got the opportunity to play college football at the age of 25.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Bachelors of Applied Arts & Science and my dream job will be in the NFL there is no other option.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment is meeting all the amazing people I have met in my life. I have learned from so many different people wether those things be good or bad. I have met so many different teammates and have built so many different relationships with so many different people/teammates/coaches and I’m very thankful for that.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I would pick Wood Harris (Julius Campbell) from remember the titans.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team is the Kansas City Chiefs.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Hungry for success.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not being able to take care of my family.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Lamar Jackson
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• First things first I thank the man upstairs for even blessing me with the ability to wake up and compete because not everyone gets that opportunity. Then I talk to my parents on FaceTime because without them I wouldn’t even be here. Up to this moment, I am confident. I would have been studying film all week and figured out the weaknesses of the defense that we are playing against that week. I am a huge film guy I love watching the film. I pick up the smallest tendencies so I would just be going over those things with the QBs and WRs. Then once we get on the field to prep warming up I have to play the OG biggie and Tupac and play a little meek and Andre 3000 I’m definitely an old head. Then it’s time to strap up and get that money.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I’m a gamer. I play on the PC and Xbox and PlayStation. I also enjoy rollerblading and going on adventures like hiking and fishing. I also love training whether that’s teaching or working out myself.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would like to compare myself to Antonio Brown. (On the field) he’s a smaller wideout but consistent. That’s what I focus my game on is consistency. I’m not blazing Tyreek, but I’m also not Julio Jones. I make my money in the film room and learning from mistakes that I have made in the past.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother and father. They are grinders. All my life I have watched them work hard manual labor jobs. They did everything they had to do to keep a roof over mine and my sibling’s heads. Whether that was working multiple jobs they did not care. They put us before them selfs and gave up their lives to make sure we were okay growing up. they still do the best the can encouraging and pushing others to be the best they can be. They put everyone in front of themselves and I respect that to the fullest.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Seeing my family struggle. It’s one of the most painful things you can watch. My mother has health problems and my Father also has a severe back problem, but they don’t have enough money to get those problems fixed. They can’t keep working or they won’t be able to pay the bills. Every day I wake up that’s all that’s on my mind.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Three NFL superstars that could be released before the start of free agency… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 mins ago
- He deserved it twitter.com/kdpomp/status/…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 3, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/workou…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Last Chance:Jets are officially shopping QB Sam Darnold, These five teams should call New York… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:5 Perfect Landing Spots For Free Agent WR Allen Robinson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/allen-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bERZhjQoEs
about 41 mins ago