- Name: Justin McIntire
- Position: LB
- College: Charleston Southern University
- Height: 6′ 0″
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: @Ju5tinMc
1. What is your favorite stadium that you have played in?
- Roy G Walton Stadium. Played in a youth football championship there. Played all my middle school home games there, played a little high school ball there too. Made a lot of plays and put in a lot of work on that field.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would hangout with Jamal Adams, he is smart, athletic, and makes big plays on every level of the defense. I feel like he’d have a lot of valuable information I can learn.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is to do my job, play fast and violent, and make plays to get us off the field.
4.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- My biggest challenge was having a setback in high school then going the JUCO route. Being in a SOCAL JUCO there’s a lot of stuff you have to go through outside of football and it’s hard to understand if you haven’t been thru it yourself but to make it out to a 4 year is a reward itself.
NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
5.What is your favorite workout?
- Whatever workout our coach Brandon Gilbert has for us. It’s always intense and pushes us to a different mentality that makes you a man. We definitely have a good time with it as well.
6.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- All the road trips, position meetings, and just casual time with teammates. That’s where many of the best memories are made. -Having the opportunity to come to CSU after JUCO. -My first game at East Jessamine HS. It was a new school for me I didn’t know what to expect, but the coaches and teachers love the players and help them out a lot so winning the first game I played there felt really good and was a start to a long run of success there.
7. Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- 1. Focus- you should be focused at all times because if you miss something it could cost your team the game. 2. Skill- Being able to make plays consistently is what separates great players from average players. 3. Footwork- This is still important but it is very small and meticulous but can help everyone tighten up deficiencies and play faster.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Growing up I loved basketball but then once I got to high school and introduced to weightlifting, game planning and schemes it changed my heart because I like everything that goes into being a good player and building a good team.
9.How has your experience as a Charleston Southern University Buccaneers football player been?
- It’s been great. I love the brotherhood and the family atmosphere here, I love how we are unapologetically Christian and being in a great city like Charleston you get to enjoy your college experience.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A guy that works hard and loves every aspect of the game from technique to the film room and weight room. I don’t take shortcuts.
11.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- “Fun at Work”. I do a lot of stuff that people would consider “work” or just things to do but I always have fun with it whether it’s school work, workouts, watching film, etc. I just enjoy what I do.
12.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I just want to win a Super Bowl.