- Name: Christen Nelson
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Position: Running Back
- College: Saginaw Valley State University
- Twitter: @ChristenJuan24
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Fish and Fry
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Good hands, burst, shifty, powerful
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• I would buy my mom a home in California so she could be closer to her mom and sister.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I would say my biggest failure would be never winning a conference and national championship
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my best quality is my work ethic.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I believe I am the hardest worker on my team, but the hardest working teammate on my team is Quelo Robinson.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• My nickname is Chris.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I graduated with a Bachelor’s in University Studies and currently getting my Master’s in Communications and Mass Media.
What is your coolest life moment?
• I have two cool life moments. One was coming back an injury when many people said I could not come back and be how I was. The second was watching my little brother win his first sports trophy after helping him train and get better all summer.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• The song I would sing at Karaoke night is Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I would pick Jamie Foxx to play me in a movie.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team in the Kansas City Chiefs.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• My warning label would say, “Beware of Intensity”.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is to not accomplish the goals I have set for myself.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tony Pollard
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game day I like to listen to music and relax. I like to focus on what I need to do and get in the zone by focusing on myself and doing breathing techniques.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My hobbies other than football are basketball, golf, cooking, 2K, taking walks, bowling.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Alvin Kamara and Saquon Barkley.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My two little brothers have been the biggest influence on my life. My brothers are my biggest motivation. I have one brother that asks me all the time what I’m going to do when I go to the NFL. In my family, it’s not normal to go after your dreams and make it. It’s more to get a decent job so you can provide for your family. I want to change that. I want to give them hope that if their older brother can do it, they can too. I want to change the mindset of my family and create a more successful mentally; that anything can be achieved if you keep God first and be the hardest worker.
What motivates you to work hard?
• People letting me I can’t do something motivates me to work hard and to prove them wrong.