Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview of Andrew Roach Sr. and make sure you follow his journey on Twitter @_AseIV.
1. If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
2. What is your favorite workout?
I workout multiple times a day, wouldn’t say one particular workout is my favorite over the others. Definitely enjoy watching as much film as possible though.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset when I’m on the field is that I know nobody in that field is more mentally prepared then I am. Whether it is a coach, player, scout, etc. nobody mentally out prepared me. Also, I lead by example, so when I’m on the field I want to show my guys I’m willing to lay it all on the line for them.
4.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
There’s too many to outline. I’ve recently done a podcast with Josh Williams of MNC news, an acquaintance of Brian Polian, Hall of Fame NFL Executive Bill Polian’s Son, outlining my journey to how I got to where I am at today. “A Long Way From Ironworks Road: Dr. Andrew Roach Sr.” – By Josh Williams The Longest Road Podcast.
5. Rank focus, footwork, and skill-based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
Outside of your mental preparation, your footwork has to be solid. I watch a lot of NFL films consistently. Jordan Poyer of the Buffalo Bills is a very underrated Safety. He’s very disciplined in his footwork, technique, alignments, and assignments.
6. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moments would have to be the entire journey, like many of my peers we make a lot of sacrifices to get to this point, and it takes God blessing us tremendously in order for us to obtain our goals. I would say one of the best moments of the journey is having my son on the sideline during one of my games, just showing him first hand that with consistent effort, actions, faith, and perseverance you can truly accomplish your goals.
7. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
Watching Emmitt Smith when I was four years old. My fathers a Cowboys fan so I would see all of Emmitt’s games.
8. What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
Have a long successful career in the NFL & eventually give back by coaching the game that I have a passion for.
9. What would a team get in a player like you?
A model citizen on and off the field who’s going to impact their community in a positive way, a guy is executed his task at the highest level, will do whatever is required to win, and is accepting of any role whether it’s long snapping, special teams, or defense.
10. What current player at your position would you like to learn under or play with ?
There’s a lot of great players in the league at my position but if I could be in any system & learn from two of the best at my position it would be Jordan Poyer & Micah Hyde. Two great Safety’s that can play all over the field & great leaders as well on & off the field.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Stallions stomp their way into the world of college football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/stalli… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cgfgy9zRGj
about 29 mins ago
- Week 2 Recap: Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/2FLm8x3
about 54 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chris Wilcox, CB, BYU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WVtzd0SxMC
about 1 hour ago
- Week 2 Recap: San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Jets ift.tt/3kzhFw3
about 2 hours ago