- Name: Ammon Schirling
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 255
- Position: TE
- College: Lake Forest College/Springfield College
- Twitter: @ammonschirling
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• I’m a huge foodie so it’s hard to pick just one, but if I had to I would probable go with Den Den Korean fried chicken. They have this boneless cheesey fried chicken dish that is like no other.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I would have to say it would be a tie between my competitive spirit, or my speed. It always surprises others how fast I am for someone my size.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do if I won the lottery would be to buy my girlfriend an engagement ring. She has been supporting me and my dreams since day one and continuously motivating me to always reach my full potential.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I try not to look at anything as a failure but a learning opportunity, but if I had to pick something it would be allowing myself to get wrapped up in the college experience my freshman year and not focusing on academics as much as I do now.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would have to say my personality and having the ability to get along with anyone. I try to make the best out of every situation.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I don’t feel that I could single out just one player. Everyone puts 110% on the second they step onto the field, wether it be in a game, practice, or working out.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Hahaha in high school I attended an inner city school, where I was one of only a handful of Caucasian students. Even at 14 I was already 6’3 and 290lbs so you could say I stood out. Some of my close friends started to joke around and call me great white and the name just kind of stuck. I even have a tattoo of a great white shark because of that nick name.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am currently studying to get my bachelors in sports management. My one and only dream job is to play in the NFL and I will do whatever it takes for me to get there.
What is your coolest life moment?
• When I was in high school I attended the LaDainian Tomlinson’s Elite football clinic in Athens, PA and had the chance to meet and work with Tomlinson himself. At the end of the camp he told me I was one of the best players that attended, and that was a moment I will never forget.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• When my girlfriend and I are cleaning we like to play a thousand miles by Vanessa Carlton and sing at the top of our lungs. So I would have to say that would be my go to.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I would for sure go with Mark Walhberg, I know we don’t look anything a like but we are both good looking guys with good personalities.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Living in New England I would have to say I am for sure a patriots fan! I just went to my first NFL game last season and it was Patriots vs Jets, it was an amazing experience being in that atmosphere. Watching the patriots run up the score on the jets definitely gave me flash forwards as I was picturing myself playing for an NFL team in the near future!
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Dangerous, I play with a chip on my shoulder with a lot to prove and I won’t let anyone or anything get in my way from achieving my goals.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not being successful. I have a lot of people counting on me and I wouldn’t want to let them down.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would have to say Julian Edelman, I believe he is underrated not because of his talents but his whole career he’s been shadowed by Tom Brady as critiques would say he has those championships because of Tom that he would just be an average receiver so it’s exciting to see what he’ll be able to do on his own.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Game day for me is I’ll wake up and immediately turn on a hype song to get me going usually young dolph or key glock then I’ll eat something light usually an omelet and avocado toast go back to my room say my prayers and get ready then I will head to the locker room and prepare myself mentally and physically to go to war!
Do you have any hobbies?
• I enjoy expanding my knowledge, hanging out with friends, tattoos, and the list goes on and on.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would have to say I am a mix between Rob Gronkowski, and travis Kelce. I say Rob because of our size and athleticism and Travis because of our route running abilities. I look up to both of them as being the greatest TEs to play this game so whenever I can I am always studying their film trying to mimic their style of play.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• That’s easy my grandfather who we called Pops. Growing up I lived in a single parent household. My mom worked a lot so I spent the majority of my time with my grandfather. During our time together he showed me the qualities and attributes that it takes to be a good man. Unfortunately he passed away but I know he’s looking down on me proud of the man I am becoming.
What motivates you to work hard?
• It may sound cliché but my family has always been my biggest motivation. My mom has worked for everything she has and I’ve always wanted to be able to provide for my family to be able to give them the life that they deserve.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/dijon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens ift.tt/2Gd5aI1
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting the Stat Line of North Dakota State QB Trey Lance in his final game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/north-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- This is a great piece by our newest contributor @TheNewAthlete go follow him and learn more about working out and h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago