- Name: Wes Bowers
- Weight: 239
- Position: ILB
- College: Georgetown
- Twitter: @WesleyBowers_
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Best restaurant in my city is a place called Legacy Carryout & Catering.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• The thing that sticks out the most to me is tendencies with alignments and play-calling given the down and distance.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• First thing I would do if I won the lotto is to invest in some properties that I can fix up and rent out to start a business.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I would say my biggest failure is not dominating the game of football like I wanted to in my junior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•My teammates would probably say my hard work is my best ability because it positively affects other aspects also. And iron sharpens iron, I’m obsessed with team success and seeing everyone be great.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
•I would definitely say the young man Johnathan Saddler is the hardest worker I know, through the ups and downs he always has his head held high, looking for opportunities to get better. Always asking questions, always on time, and is obsessed with the game of football. He is definitely the future.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
•Growing up my nickname was a fat boy, my mom always called me fat boy. But everyone calls me Wes.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
•My degree is in Justice and Peace Studies with a minor in Government. And I would want to give back to my community and help with legal matters and other matters involving marginalized, low-income people and families. I love to help people.
What is your coolest life moment?
•The coolest moment in my life I would say has to be watching my mom get her masters at UMD and walking across the stage at her graduation.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
•My favorite song ever, My Girl by the Temptations.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I am picking Denzel Washington without a doubt.
Who is your favorite football team?
•My favorite football team growing up was Washington Redskins
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
•”Warning that man is a Beast”
What is your biggest fear?
•My biggest fear is not taking advantage of the time I have and opportunities when they present themselves. Can never get those back.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
•Bobby Wagner, I feel as if he does not get the love he deserves.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- Get Up bright and early, to take a cold shower, read some bible verses and listen to some smooth music,
- Eat breakfast with the team, eggs, fruit, and a muffin, 2 cups of water
- Going to the bathroom is essential.
- Get taped up and head to the field.
- Go to the 50-yard line, grab the ground, rub my hands together and meditate.
- Walk a lap around the field.
- Back to the locker room, get dressed and ready to go.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Number one hobby is hiking, then the close second is cooking.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Devin White.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life is and will always be my mother. Her story is amazing, through all her trials and tribulations she stood tall with her head held high. I truly admire her resilience, and go get it attitude, she is truly the definition of hard work and dedication.
What motivates you to work hard?
My motivation for working so hard is that I want to be able to give back just a portion of what my family gave me. All the time, money and energy they put into me becoming a better athlete and a better man is priceless, I just have to do my part now.