North Dakota State University quarterback Trey Lance has been hyped up pretty well this year already, and one analyst loves him. That analyst is NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah.
Jeremiah himself was a quarterback at Appalachian State, so you have to realize he knows quite a bit about the position and what to look for. His latest comments though are pretty impressive.
Jeremiah produced a scouting report and he compared Trey Lance to none other than Andrew LUCK!
“I know Luck is a little bit bigger, but they are similar athletes and they both played with a maturity beyond their age at the collegiate level. I remember watching Luck run over defenders,” Jeremiah wrote. “I also remember being so impressed with his ability to execute on key plays in every game. I see the same things when I study Lance.
“More than anything else, these are two guys who exude confidence on the field. They are fearless, but they avoid being reckless. That’s a very delicate balance. Luck was on his way to a Hall of Fame career before shocking the football world and retiring a year ago. I don’t have quite the same grade on Lance, but he could get there with continued growth and development.”
Is this a little premature? Some may say that, but let me explain something here, Trey Lance was a beast last season and he was only a redshirt freshman. He completed 66.9 percent of his passes for 2,786 yards and 28 touchdowns while adding an additional 1,100 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground.
Remember when Andrew Luck entered the NFL Draft? Everyone said he was the best quarterback in the past decade. Many are saying that about Trevor Lawrence, so here is my question is Trevor Lawrence going to be that much better, or is Trey Lance the best QB in this draft class?
Lance was the Jerry Rice Award Winner and Walter Payton Award Winner for the best Freshman in the FCS and the Best player in the FCS. That alone is impressive. Add in the fact that he went undefeated, won the National Championship and never ONCE THREW AN INTERCEPTION.
That is a pretty damn amazing resume. If he can keep that going in 2020 you can count on him being a first round pick.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Tua Tagovailoa Injury Update, How banged up is Tua? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago