- Name: Trae Self
- Height: 6040
- Weight: 205
- Position: Quarterback
- College: Stephen F. Austin
- Twitter: @TraeSelf_13
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Best Restaurant has to be Cici’s Smokehouse
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film my Athleticism, my decision making, Arm talent to make every throw on the field, acrobatic plays and unorthodox throws, a guy who is going to compete for every play and won’t ever give up.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lotto the first thing I would do is take my Mama out to lunch and then get her taken care of financially and treat her to a new home to thank her for everything she has done to take care of me and make me the person I am today, I owe her the world. As well as investing some of the money.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Biggest Failure is not having the work ethic I do now in High School. My work ethic in high school was average, I did the extra work a lot but I didn’t take the weight room as serious as I do now when it comes to extra work.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My hard work, athleticism, and selflessness
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Trae Self (Me), also Xavier Gipson because every time I’m doing extra work he’s always with me or shows up
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• T2, Trae Trae, Ice Trae, GOAT
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Sports Business, a Sports Agent, but right now I have tunnel vision to get the NFL and won’t stop until I get there.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Coolest life moment is stepping out on the field vs Baylor. Dream of mine was always to play D1 football and when I walked out on that field it hit me different. Brought tears of joy and passion and reminded me of all the times of the struggle that it took to get to that point and knowing I stuck it out and kept pushing through for moments like those. It was a great feeling that my family and I cherished. More of those to come.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I would sing Must be doing something right by Billy Currington and Broken Love by MO3
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Gerard Butler or Mark Wahlberg
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• SFA and Dallas Cowboys
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning: Dude who bets on himself in any situation is ahead
What is your biggest fear?
• Last day I see my Mama
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated player in NFL is Michael Gallup
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• By the time Gameday is here I’ve already been well prepared by Thursday night when we leave to Travel to the hotel allowing myself to just be calm cool and collected and play the game the way I play it. Gameday is the day where I wake up to review the week’s Gameplan and then go through Gameday team procedures and listen to Rap and mix of R&B all day until about an hour before game time and then it’s strictly R&B until the game starts.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Video games like Call Of Duty, Madden, and MLB the Show. Also going out to the field with my dog Steele to play around.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Dan Marino even though he isn’t in the game anymore the way I play and the confidence I have and in the league right now I would compare myself to Carson Wentz
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mama has been the biggest influence in my life and God has blessed me with her as my Mother. She guides me through the tough times and decisions and always knows what’s best for me and will love me until the end. She will always be there when I need her, and I love her unconditionally and is the best to ever do it. Love you, Mama!
What motivates you to work hard?
• I’m motivated by being always the guy that’s counted out and doubted because what I do best is proving people wrong when they doubt me because I work my ass off until I prove it to them. Also, my family, I want to be able to give back to them to thank them for everything they have ever done for me to get me to where I am today. They deserve the world.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brian O’Neill, LB, Penn nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/brian-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mustafa Majeed, DB, Clark Atlanta University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Salter’s seven-round mock draft Way too early that is (Philadelphia Eagles) - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/eagles…
about 55 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…
about 55 mins ago