I love Urban Meyer, the guy has some smarts. The former Ohio State and Florida head coach was asked recently about COVID-19 and what he would reccommend if football was moved to the Spring. His answer is exactly what we have been saying all year. Here is what Meyer told Yahoo Sports
“It’d be hard for me not to advise them and tell them to play,” Meyer told Yahoo Sports. “To play in spring and then go play in OTAs in the National Football League, that’s not fair. . . . If you have a chance after you fulfilled your commitment to a university to go and earn a living playing football, I don’t know if I’d advise a guy to play a spring season before going to the NFL draft.”
So far we have watched Shaun Wade whose father said his son would be “outta here, baby” if there was no football in the fall.
Do you know how many kids could sit out? I mean it could be an insane amount of kids. Guys from Trevor Lawrence to Justin Fields, shoot even Trey Lance from North Dakota State could sit.
Remember this, it goes by being three years removed from high school football, not years playing in college. So this could be huge, and if the kids were considered a top 100 pick I definitely would not return. It would be a dumb decision because if you get hurt you have no time to recover.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Week 3 IDP Report ift.tt/3mOyuoP
about 44 mins ago
- He is with you every day. He will not depart from you! God Bless You All! https://t.co/YER1qrKVut
about 1 hour ago
- Coach Prime lands his first recruit at Jackson State! Former Mississippi State DB transfers to JSU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago