- Name: Ryan Lusk
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 305
- Position: OG/OT
- College: Pacific Lutheran University
- Twitter: @Fabuluskryno
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• My hometown is Buckley, Washington and our best restaurant is a drive in, named Wally’s Drive-in. The atmosphere is like an older drive and from a small town everyone goes there to hang out. It is the best place to meet new community members and get the best milkshakes in the state.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• What you see when breaking down my film is the ability to use the defensive line tendencies against them for my benefit to get the job done for our QB, WR’s, and RB’s to put points on the board. Watching my film, you can see when mistakes are made I don’t let that get to me and fix the issue the next play.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Save/invest half of the money and buy my parents a new house because they deserve it from all the sacrifices they have had made from our ups and downs, money no money. They have found a way for me to find a path to success in times of adversity and have expect nothing but my best in anything I do.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Biggest failure is probably my senior year of high school I got into a bad car accident. My Phone fell on the floor and I thought to myself I should pull over and grab it just in case someone was to call. Well, some part of me said just reach over and get it. So, I did and did not see the car stopped in front of me and I went right into the back of the car that was in front. My car totaled and the other people were not hurt but I went to the ER just to make sure nothing to bad happened to me. Learned a lesson that day that a phone is not worth your life and it can wait to be looked at.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My ability to have fun but also get the job done. Recognize when game time is game time and joke when appropriate is key because this game is meant to be fun but done the right way and if you are not serious in situations then that doesn’t make a championship team.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Max Larson DE PLU. This man is a tank, he is constantly finding a way to get better. I always face him in practice and there is no slowing this guy down. He is a guy that will make you a better player for sure. I know he has impacted my game in a good way to where I am now.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Most people just call me by my last name Lusk but my nickname that my family calls me is Rhino. I got the Rhino nickname from my father because ever since I started playing football, he could see the leadership and tenacity I can bring to a team.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is Business with a concentration in Human Resources and Management with a minor in coaching. If I do not make it as a football player my dreams job is being an athletic director at a high school or university. I want to give athletes who do not have the ability to market themselves to the scouts a chance to make a name for themselves.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Ever since elementary school when I found out I have dyslexia school has always been tough for me. Sophomore year of high school I was inducted into the National Honors society and finished off high school with a GPA of a 3.89. Knowing if I can work hard and find ways to overcome this disability has shown me that the same can be done with whatever life challenges are coming my way.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Replay by Iyaz
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson
Who is your favorite football team?
• Seattle Seahawks
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Watch out, I like to eat
What is your biggest fear?
• Letting people down
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Andrew Whitworth for the rams he’s got great feet and football IQ
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Morning breakfast with team, then offensive review meeting, then the best fit for the day wearing my game day air force ones, put my cleats on right away and go do some self-stretching and prayer in the end zone for 20 min, then go watch some more film with music on, then get ready with my gear. Exactly 5 min before kickoff I put my eye black on before games for the 5 offensive lineman that make the magic happen.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Love to go hiking, started recently doing graphic for our school sports, and photography
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Justin Britt
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Biggest influence in life hands down my mother. She has been the soul of our family keeping us afloat in bad times. She has overcome health situations in the past and has always been true to who she is. She is my ideal and wants the best for me. She is the best mom a son could ask for.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My family, teammates, and the doubters.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Another brother, lift him up. Sean, just continue your relationship with Jesus. Build your relationship with him.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- David, That is a powerful name. He was a strong warrior of God but also fell short. He had a heart after the Lord… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 Draft Prospect Interview: Chad Kuhn, DE, Slippery Rock University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/chad-k… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brett Samson, TE/FB, South Dakota nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/brett-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- The Lord can see everything. You cannot hide anything from him. Have a pure heart when doing anything and you wil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago