- Name: Robbie Lowes
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: Linebacker/Safety
- College: University of Regina
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• In terms of food, atmosphere and overall experience, I would have to say Earls. But it has to be the south location.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• The main thing would be physicality. I have an attack mindset and embrace the physicality of the sport. Also, special teams ability is another area I stand out, with covering kicks and blocking punts.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• First thing I would do is give money to my family members to make sure they are taken care of. They are my biggest supporters and they would deserve it more than anyone I know.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I would say my biggest failure is not having played in any Can-West playoff games thus far. When I signed with the University of Regina, my goal was to win a Hardy Cup, as well as a Vanier Cup. I still have one more year left though, so I still expect to accomplish these goals.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think they would say that I am dependable. I do not like to miss practices and I have not missed any games throughout my university career. When I am on the field, I know my teammates trust that I will perform at a high level consistently.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Easy question, it is definitely Kyle Borsa. We train together, so I get to see his work ethic up close. Every time we train, we push each other to be the best athletes possible.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
•Most of my teammates just call me by my last name, Lowes.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am currently working towards a Bachelor of Arts, but I plan to get my Bachelor of Education degree as well. I love history, so teaching that would be my ideal job.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
• Getting an opportunity to be apart of the Saskatchewan Roughriders practice roster. I learned so much during my time there.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
•Beverly Hills- Weezer
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Who is your favorite football team?
• New England Patriots.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Proceed with caution. I’ve been told I’m a little bit of a loose cannon on the field.
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing my family members.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Frank Gore. One of the all-time greats, although he rarely gets the recognition he deserves.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I start preparing a healthy breakfast as soon as I wake up, usually an omelette. After that I start listening to motivational speeches and get a good stretch in. Once I’m finished stretching, I lay down and begin a process of visualization where I imagine myself making big plays on the field. I try to get a second meal in after I finish my visualization routine and then it’s usually time to go to the locker room.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to cook! I always have fun trying out new recipes I see online.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• It is a little bit tough comparing to the NFL because I play Canadian style football, but someone who would be similar is a Shaq Thompson. An outside linebacker with good coverage skills and safety experience.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has been the biggest influence in my life because she always supports me through any ups and downs life throws at me. She leads by example and is a great role model for me.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Football is the biggest passion I have, so I am motivated to do everything in my power to play the game as long as I possibly can. I can’t stand the thought of someone outworking me, which leads me to push myself in my training and on the field.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Column: Red Sox Already Won Brandon Workman Trade ift.tt/2ZSyaf0
about 17 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/3my6uWn
about 17 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- ICYMI:NCAA Football Predictions 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ncaa-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oQsyR8YolA
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago