- Name: Randy Beidelschies
- Position: RB
- College: Macalester University
- Height: 6′ 1″
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Twitter: @beidelschies
1. If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- “Keepin’ Up!”. I always try to have a full schedule and keep myself busy. When I get some time to relax, it is normally some activity!
2. What do you do for fun?
- I like playing music or hanging out with friends. This pandemic has taught me about the wonders of technology and how video games helped me stay connected to the guys. I don’t even play video games all that much!
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- “Relax, I’m a lion.” When I step on the field, that is my time to just be. It is my time and no one can take it from me.
4. What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Coming from a long line of football players, being the first to make it into the NFL in my family is the goal; I would like to accomplish a leadership role as a workhorse, doing whatever necessary for the team to get a ring. I also want to be a good role model for all those around me.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
5. What is your favorite snack?
- Oooh, that’s the toughest question so far. When I’m in the mood for a savory flavor, I would say Chex Mix. If I am in a sweets mood, I would say pretty much anything with dark chocolate.
6. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Ricky Williams. He was my first football idol when I was a kid growing up in FL. I remember when I was four asking my parents why they didn’t give me the name “Ricky Williams!” Added on top of the fact, he seems like a very introspective and nice guy.
7. What is your favorite workout?
- Easy question. Good ole squats! Best workout related analogy for life!
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I would see Dolphins games on, or any college game, and dreamt that I could do that. Where I come from, school and sports were important to get anywhere in life; I couldn’t have just one of those, I needed both.
9. How has your experience as a Macalester College Scots football player been?
- It’s been a fun ride! I am hoping that it isn’t cut short due to the virus, but it has definitely taught me things about myself and life in general, and I will be grateful for those who have surrounded me among the team. I will miss the “party” bus, playing Mafia (mostly losing, but ya know).
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team that picks me up would get a workhorse leader. A leader that is ready to put his nose to the grindstone and get stuff done. They would also get a coachable player, eagerly looking for critiques of his craft. Lastly, as a person, a team would get someone who genuinely cares about helping people, whether it be after practice or a game or three in the morning.
11. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- My biggest challenge, like many others, is not having a great start financially. My parents are workhorses, so I must get that from them, but I was never cut slack to get where I needed to be. My parents were able to put me into a private school for better education and the only reason it was afforded to me were my grades, character, and abilities. I did not have the luxury of being able to slack off a little. The great thing about challenges is that they ultimately can be good or bad, it just changes based on whether you turn into an empowering mindset or a crippling one.
12.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- One of my favorite high school football moments was easily winning the state championship my senior year. I vividly remember getting a pick in the first quarter to swing momentum, where not too long afterwards, I returned a kickoff for a touchdown, for the biggest pop I have had in my life. In college, it was easily meeting one of my biggest fans, Jacob. One day, Jacob walked into practice wearing my jersey and it was all she wrote. Jacob has muscular dystrophy duchenne, which means he can’t grow the same as me or you. Whenever I am going through it, I think of him and how strong Jacob is!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 24, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Oregon State CB Nahshon Wright nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nahsho… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Report: Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul is in the hospital he has not passed… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 24, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 24, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago