Two big time schools are putting a halt to their voluntary workouts. Both Ohio State and UNC Tarheels have stopped their workouts after positive COVID-19 tests.
North Carolina announced on Wednesday that 37 people within Tar Heels athletics — coaches, staff and student-athletes — tested positive for the virus. The football program will shut down voluntary workouts for at least a week, according to the release.
Ohio State on the other hand, has also paused all voluntary workouts following the results of its most recent COVID-19 testing, it announced Wednesday evening. Football is not the only sport affected by that announcement. Men’s and women’s basketball, field hockey, men’s and women’s soccer and women’s volleyball will also be shut down temporarily.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Mike Leach’s first game in the SEC was fun and he punched LSU in the mouth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Week 3 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zRlhw2uiKD
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 26, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman celebrated too early and Texas made him pay for his “horns down” gesture… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago