I am trying to wrap my head around this coronavirus thing. As I sit here I think of players like Trevor Lawrence, and Justin Fields, and I wonder why would you play this season if don’t have to?
Right now, Clemson cannot slow down the COVID-19 positive cases. I mean with COVID-19 running wild right now, why would you play the game and take a chance of getting sick when you can stay at home and declare for the NFL Draft?
Think of it like this, many players go out and get insurance on their bodies before their final year in college. By not playing that is basically your insurance, and it costs you and your family nothing.
Recently, Ben Standig of the Athletic talked to some agents who said many football players will likely sit out this year with all the changes.
“If this [COVID-19] really continues down the path that I think it’s going down, there is a very likely chance that there’s going to be some high-profile kids signing with agents in the next 60 days,” one agent told Standig. “They’re gonna bail.”
“I mean, I’m recruiting some high-end kids,” another agent said. “I talked to probably four of them last night, and they all echoed the same thing. Like, they’re done. This is over.”
Here is my question, can you blame them? I mean they are already rated as a top prospect. They are more than likely going to get drafted, why sacrifice getting sick and even dying to play football when you know you are going to hear your name called in April?
Do you think and NFL team is going to care that you sit out the season if you can help them?
Right now, cases are running rampant. Thousands of new cases every day. Football teams are cancelling their seasons, others are downsizing their games to inner conference play only. I mean I think if you are a stud player, you should not risk getting sick. I would personally stay in school online, finish my classes and sign an agent. They can get you in training right away and you can be healthy heading into the next NFL season.
I am usually not an advocate on this type of thing, but if you are a top player, why not.
So here is my question to you. If your son was Trevor Lawrence do you want him playing in 2020 with COVID-19 running wild?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 3-Round NFL Mock Draft presented by @DraftGuyJimmy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mock-d… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vdjZLT4vIq
about 28 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jarell White, LB/S, Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jarell… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZI8ghbCeyC
about 40 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Andre Mintze, OLB, Vanderbilt nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/andre-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SJMSqsjmUK
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:High School football star Abdullah Mohammad was shot over the weekend and is still in the ICU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 hours ago
- Last Chance:North Dakota State College football player Charles Royston Jr. was shot and killed in Minnesota… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 hours ago