Well, the question will finally be answered. Was it Tom Brady or Bill Belichick that was the catalyst to one of the best stretches in professional sports history? Tom Brady is now in Tampa Bay and he took his good buddy Gronk with him. That leaves the man known as The Hoodie in Boston all by his lonesome cooking up an evil genius plan to go 11-5 and win the AFC East again. But that might be more difficult given the number of Patriots players that have decided to opt-out of the upcoming season. While some pieces are still in place from the Brady Years it appears that the Patriots are entering a new chapter and it will either be led by Cam Newton or Jarrett Stidham this upcoming season.
- Week 1: Dolphins
- Week 2: @ Seahawks
- Week 3: Raiders
- Week 4: @ Chiefs
- Week 5: Broncos
- Week 6: Bye
- Week 7: 49ers
- Week 8: @ Bills
- Week 9: @ Jets
- Week 10: Ravens
- Week 11: @ Texans
- Week 12: Cardinals
- Week 13: @ Chargers
- Week 14: @ Rams
- Week 15: @ Dolphins
- Week 16: Bills
- Week 17: Jets
Players To Know
- Cam Newton-QB: There is no guarantee that Cam even starts in New England let alone returns to his former MVP form. He missed last season due to injury but in the games, he did suit up for it didn’t look great. However, he finds himself in New England and I do not believe Jarrett Stidham is a better QB than Newton at this point. While Cam may no longer be impactful as a runner but there is a glimmer of hope. However, some believe that this is going to be a perfect New England roster add and they don’t skip a beat. We shall see what Post Brady New England looks like soon enough. 3400 passing yards and 22 TDs.
- Julian Edelman-WR: Julian Edelman has never caught a TD from anyone other than Tom Brady. The addition of Cam Newton certainly enhanced his fantasy outlook but the reality is Edelman is what Edelman is and at 34 years old expect him to be a fringe WR2/3 for season-long leagues. 80 catches for 925 yards and 5 TDs.
- N’Keal Harry-WR: N’Keal Harry was expected to be a big-time rookie but couldn’t stay on the field as he dealt with injuries. If Harry can remain healthy this season there is a great opportunity in front of him to secure the #2 receiving option in the offense. He should step into immediate targets and consider him a FLEX play or fringe WR3/4 to start the season with room to grow. 60 catches for 800 yards and 4 TDs.
- Mo Sanu-WR: Mo Sanu has had his moments as a fantasy-relevant piece but those days don’t seem likely moving forward. The offense is expected to move more towards the run and there may not be enough passing opportunities as the #3 WR in this offense to be a weekly fantasy element. 35 receptions for 475 yards and 3 TDs.
- James White-RB: James White carries more value in PPR and Half-PPR leagues as he is one of the better pass-catching RBs on the NFL. Over the last 2 seasons, White has 159 receptions for just shy of 1400 yards and double-digit TDs. Just as Tom Brady liked throwing to RBs Cam Newton has demonstrated that he likes pass-catching RBs as well. White is almost as strong of a FLEX play as there is in a PPR or Half-PPR setting. DOn’t expect him to turn into Christian McCaffrey but he has strong-value. 60 catches, 1000 total yards (700 receiving and 300 rushing) and 6 TDs.
- Sony Michel-RB: I am down on Michel this season. The addition of Cam potentially takes away some of his goal-line chances meaning fewer TDs. Also, if he couldn’t get to 1000 yards with Brady why would he now? 775 rushing yards and 8 TDs.
The defense was outrageous in 2019. They scored an unreal 7 TDs and recorded a ton of INTs. However, they ost a few pieces in the offseason and that should impact them along with a few key players opting out due to COVID19. There is still some talent on this defense but there are no proven platers at the LB position on the roster today. Proceed with caution and expect them to be playable for a few weeks this season.
Potential Breakout Player
- N’Keal Harry-WR
Rookie To Know
- Devin Asiasi-TE
- Dalton Keene-TE
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Hope you pulled your money out of Bitcoin damn that thing dropped
about 20 mins ago
- Bills new offensive lineman is a great blocker https://t.co/ADx4YytW2f
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...